Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

1 minute ago, Americal198 said:

Giving you a heads up, which you may already know. The tourney originally had planned to be at South Greene tomorrow (Friday.) A schedule change had the three teams playing tonight. There was a breakdown in communication somewhere. I was looking forward to seeing Cloudland come to town, as were several Cosby fans whom I talked with. They were pretty disappointed being unable to play a 1A team in their region in order to see how they measured up. The Cosby fans said they had been notified a couple of days ago. I hate it for your Cloudland players missing out on playing two games.

Yeah I'm pissed about it myself.  Win or lose, I love watching my girls play.  Looks like sg is legit.  That was a dominating score over the eagles 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Yeah I'm pissed about it myself.  Win or lose, I love watching my girls play.  Looks like sg is legit.  That was a dominating score over the eagles 

Yes. On a positive note: There was a huge turnout of visiting Cosby fans. Close games sometimes turn for who cheers the loudest. They were loud for both the girls and the boys. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 11:18 AM, Dadof2 said:

Meigs will probably be a little down this year, but they should finish second or third in the district with Kingston. And I don’t see anyone challenging Central in the east.

Does Meigs still have the same clown coach? For their sake I hope not.  Meigs and Central could switch coaches and Morgan would beat her. 

5 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

McMinn Central will win another state championship this year.

I believe McMinn, Pittman, and York are VERY close and will likely come down to one possession games.  But having seen McMinn and Pittman play that will be an absolute battle.  We play York a couple times later this season and we could play Pittman in the Gatlinburg Christmas tourney if both teams make final.  If I had to make a guess now it would be McMinn but I do think York and Pittman are very close.

Edited by LadyCavsFan

14 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I believe McMinn, Pittman, and York are VERY close and will likely come down to one possession games.  But having seen McMinn and Pittman play that will be an absolute battle.  We play York a couple times later this season and we could play Pittman in the Gatlinburg Christmas tourney if both teams make final.  If I had to make a guess now it would be McMinn but I do think York and Pittman are very close.

I don't think they are that close in talent with Central. If Central had not lost one girl for the season it would not even be a discussion. Central and Gatlinburg play twice this year so that should tell us more. It is hard to win at Gatlinburg with their home grown officials.

20 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

McMinn Central will win another state championship this year.

16 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

McMinn Central is really good I agree. I don't like to make predictions of winning the Title because I respect all teams and don't want to go there, but I will make a prediction that Gibson County will be an extremely tough out down the stretch providing we stay healthy. We played York in the summer and I think it went into OT and they beat us by 1 and McMinn Central last year at state we were up 5 when Micah Hart went out with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Hindsite is 29/29 but if we knew our star PG was going to get 2 fouls on the same possesion last year we probably go to running a little clock up 5 with the ball with 4:30 left in the game and in the 1 and 1. Our girls are motivated and have already knocked off Bartlett who is loaded with talent everywhere amd was the Runner-Up to Bradley Central last year. Loretto will be good as will Westview. Huntingdon and Summertown will be good late. I think you will probably have one of the best AA State Tournaments in a long time this year.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

McMinn Central is really good I agree. I don't like to make predictions of winning the Title because I respect all teams and don't want to go there, but I will make a prediction that Gibson County will be an extremely tough out down the stretch providing we stay healthy. We played York in the summer and I think it went into OT and they beat us by 1 and McMinn Central last year at state we were up 5 when Micah Hart went out with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Hindsite is 29/29 but if we knew our star PG was going to get 2 fouls on the same possesion last year we probably go to running a little clock up 5 with the ball with 4:30 left in the game and in the 1 and 1. Our girls are motivated and have already knocked off Bartlett who is loaded with talent everywhere amd was the Runner-Up to Bradley Central last year. Loretto will be good as will Westview. Huntingdon and Summertown will be good late. I think you will probably have one of the best AA State Tournaments in a long time this year.

I definitely didn't mean any disrespect to the west teams or any other teams for that matter.    I saw GC this summer they have a great team again this year.   They will be a tough out come tourney time too.  And I also think the AA tourney will likely be the best of all the classes.  I was just guessing based on what I have seen in the last month.  McMinn probably has the toughest non-district schedule in the state (in any class).     Bradley Central x2, Cookeville, Sevier County, Coffee County, GP x2,   Of course I haven't seen everyones schedule but that is a crazy schedule for a AA school.  I think they will be battle hardened and tough to beat come tourney time.  The AA class is STACKED again this year and anything can happen in the glass house.   Good luck this season!  Its going to be fun watching this one play out.   

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I definitely didn't mean any disrespect to the west teams or any other teams for that matter.    I saw GC this summer they have a great team again this year.   They will be a tough out come tourney time too.  And I also think the AA tourney will likely be the best of all the classes.  I was just guessing based on what I have seen in the last month.  McMinn probably has the toughest non-district schedule in the state (in any class).     Bradley Central x2, Cookeville, Sevier County, Coffee County, GP x2,   Of course I haven't seen everyones schedule but that is a crazy schedule for a AA school.  I think they will be battle hardened and tough to beat come tourney time.  The AA class is STACKED again this year and anything can happen in the glass house.   Good luck this season!  Its going to be fun watching this one play out.   

McMinn Central and Gatlinburg Pittman will be really good for sure. You know as well as I do when you get to the Glass House any thing can happen. Upsets, bad draws, good draws, bad shooting....Roundhouse  made his pick. May be right and he may be wrong. Lots of really good teams this year McMinn will be tough for sure. They have beat Cookeville and Sevier County and we have beat Bartlett so there are really good wins against 4 A schools. 

Edited by pioneer42