Schools needing games

fredjones

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I’m a Kevin Creasy/Oakland admirer and will tell anyone that their 2021 schedule was the most difficult in TSSAA history and their 2021 team was probably the best to ever play in TSSAA history.  They played everyone and ran the table.  

Could have fooled me. Maybe save that energy for someone like Mt Juliet, who also plays Antioch, as well as Hunters Lane and a Franklin team that has been 2-18 the last 2 seasons 

On 3/31/2023 at 3:09 PM, theawesomebro said:

additionally, oakland taking a "week off" from a rigorous 6A schedule is different than a 3A schedule.  it's just not the same.  I think both schools play tough out of region schedules but alcoa did play a 2A last year, maybe for the same reason and I don't remember anyone bashing them for it.

i will say oakland is willing to play some private schools which in middle TN is a tough ask.  FWIW, i'm still waiting on that 2nd game at LA.  : )

I understand your point......but, would like to add, that 2A team that played 3A Alcoa won the 2A state championship.

On 3/31/2023 at 12:19 PM, howdoitknow said:

I cannot believe that Oakland is playing Antioch.  They've won 2 in the last 6 years.  Not championships.  Games.  

Oakland is great.  Their region is stout.  They've played all comers and won.  They also slide a RePublic, Kenwood, or Antioch on the schedule occasionally as a "get right" week.  

Alcoa plays Ravenwood, Bearden, Greeneville, West, and Maryville.  If Alcoa picked up a game with Wartburg or Harpeth I'm sure the CoachT mob would be out in full force ready to bash them for scheduling such a game.  

It's a double standard.  

What's wrong with Oakland playing a bottom feeder every once in a while? Ravenwood aint what they used to be, Bearden is an also ran. Oakland just got through playing one of the toughest stretches in school history the last 2 years. 

BIG MONEY BUDDY

On 3/21/2023 at 9:05 AM, fredjones said:

Bartlett---dates--9/22, 10/13

Germantown---dates--8/18, 8/25, 10/13

Howard---dates--8/25, 10/13

Maryville---dates--9/15, 10/6, 10/20

Memphis Central---10/13, 10/20

Oakland---dates--8/25, 10/6

Science Hill---dates--9/8, 9/15, 10/13

Southwind---dates--9/1, 10/13

Whitehaven---dates--8/18, 10/6, 10/13

Southwind has 10 games now

With regards to Oakland playing Antioch, that is nothing more than a go out and buy a win game for Oakland.  I feel confident that Oakland is paying Antioch somewhere around 5K just like MBA pays Pearl Cohn to play.  This gives Oakland a home game and Antioch needs the money because MNPS refuse to fund athletics anywhere close to how the surrounding counties fund their athletic programs.

On 4/1/2023 at 11:05 AM, H2Oman said:

Ezell is still playing 8 man… correct?

No, Ezell Harding is playing 11 man football.  They hired former Father Ryan and Lipscomb assistant coach Corey Stewart and he has done a good job creating some excitement inside the school.  The 2023 season may be the second season since going back to 11 man football.

On 3/21/2023 at 9:05 AM, fredjones said:

Bartlett---dates--9/22, 10/13

Germantown---dates--8/18, 8/25, 10/13

Howard---dates--8/25, 10/13

Maryville---dates--9/15, 10/6, 10/20

Memphis Central---10/13, 10/20

Oakland---dates--8/25, 10/6

Science Hill---dates--9/8, 9/15, 10/13

Southwind---dates--9/1, 10/13

Whitehaven---dates--8/18, 10/6, 10/13

Whitehaven now has 10 games