Alcoa adds another

CherokeeTrail

47 minutes ago, Wetsy4Betsy said:

The 2024 season would be the 100th year of Alcoa football… 

Similar to how Tennessee celebrated 100 years of Neyland the 2021 season because Neyland was built in 1921. 

but hey if it makes sense for y’all then keep making stuff up on the fly 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wetsy4Betsy said:

The 2024 season would be the 100th year of Alcoa football… 

Similar to how Tennessee celebrated 100 years of Neyland the 2021 season because Neyland was built in 1921. 

but hey if it makes sense for y’all then keep making stuff up on the fly 

you have a point and you are technically right but so is that graphic.  my birthday analogy was wrong.  you celebrate your b-day or anniversary at the end of the year.  so a 100th anniversary of alcoa football would be at the end of the 100th season (you turn 1 at the end of your first year) but you are in your first year before you are 1.  so their 100th season is the season before their 100th anniversary.  

so maybe we are all stupid.

1 hour ago, theawesomebro said:

you have a point and you are technically right but so is that graphic.  my birthday analogy was wrong.  you celebrate your b-day or anniversary at the end of the year.  so a 100th anniversary of alcoa football would be at the end of the 100th season (you turn 1 at the end of your first year) but you are in your first year before you are 1.  so their 100th season is the season before their 100th anniversary.  

so maybe we are all stupid.

No just BCsportsguy & swipes. They are still counting each others fingers and toes to figure it out. 

11 minutes ago, Wetsy4Betsy said:

No just BCsportsguy & swipes. They are still counting each others fingers and toes to figure it out. 

No we just know that you count 1924 as year 1 and not year 0 and this is the 100th year of playing football at Alcoa.  No where in BCsportsfan post or Alcoa's Football Twitter (where the image came from) did it say 100th Anniversary, try again loser :thumb:

Edited by Swipes

This is the 100th year Alcoa football has been played. My questionis where did they play their home games before the field they're playing on now was built. To my best memories they started playing at Goddard field in 1940. I've seen old articles where they played some games at Pole Climbers which a new building is under construction. Also heard they played some games somewhere around the little league ballpark and also out near where Hickory Construction is located. I've seen the picture with the team and Dalton Street Houses in the background at the old high school at Springbrook Park. That may be a David Duggan question possibly.

On 4/25/2023 at 7:21 AM, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa will be playing Tottenville High School from Staten Island New York.

The Game against the Pirates to be played September 1st at Alcoa's Goddard Field.

Should be an interesting matchup! :thumb:

Tottenville High School (Staten Island, NY) Varsity Football

https://www.unapproved website.com/ny/staten-island/tottenville-pirates/football/schedule/

Alcoa better roll, they don't play good ball in NY