2023 2A Predictions

Chiefbigfoot

On 6/21/2023 at 10:20 AM, Cam615 said:

Woodard didn't get to play the last half of the season, losing Enoch to Carson-Newman will hurt but they will still have the best OL in the region with Javier Gaspar (6'4 350). He has good footwork for his size and can be a good prospect at guard at the next level. Losing Powell will hurt them but I still think the game plan is the same for the owls... pound the rock. I will add don't be surprised if another team in this region challenges Smith and East. 

That's right! GO EAGLES!!

On 6/21/2023 at 10:16 AM, oldfaithful said:

As of right now I don't think Marion County is one of the top 10 teams in 2A. A lot of talent but not sure if it will amount to any deep playoff runs. 

Look like Tarzan play like Jane Kinfolk! Marion was my pick the last 2 years to represent the East early on but flopped come playoffs. Not sure what happened last year with coaching change but them boys should’ve been a lot better. Talent hasn’t been the issue there and I will leave it at that. They will have the most talent year of any team in the East but they had a lot of talent the last two years as well so who knows. Tyner loses a lot and moves on to 3A. Fayetteville lost everyone but Willoughby so they should be beatable as well. Meigs is gone too. This might finally be the year for Marion. They have the easiest path they have had but games aren’t win on paper and talent alone. I’m just keeping it real 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Look like Tarzan play like Jane Kinfolk! Marion was my pick the last 2 years to represent the East early on but flopped come playoffs. Not sure what happened last year with coaching change but them boys should’ve been a lot better. Talent hasn’t been the issue there and I will leave it at that. They will have the most talent year of any team in the East but they had a lot of talent the last two years as well so who knows. Tyner loses a lot and moves on to 3A. Fayetteville lost everyone but Willoughby so they should be beatable as well. Meigs is gone too. This might finally be the year for Marion. They have the easiest path they have had but games aren’t win on paper and talent alone. I’m just keeping it real 

2 years ago the qb got hurt on the 2nd play of the final game. Played a very good Meigs team and lost 20-0. You could tell the team was deflated because he was the catalyst for the offense. Offense averaged 40 pts a game to that point and was undefeated. Went 1-2 after that and averaged 9 pts. Last year with a coaching change some expected a little dropoff considering going from a tight wing T offense to a spread and losing all their skill players. A lot of young kids put in an offense they'd never ran. With the exception of Tyner through 3 qtrs played every one well. Personally believe they should have had a better record but no where near an East favorite. No excuses this year. Have to solidify their line but skill wise across the board probably are the most talented team in the East at least. Have to prove it on the field though.

4 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Elijah Groves has shot up to #2 in the state and is now a 4 ️. Exciting having another big recruit in cross plains. He will commit tomorrow.

Happy for that kid. All of the Groves boys at East were raised right. All have great grades and are extremely respectful. Elijah could be a great edge rusher at the next level. He’s got the length for it, and I’ve heard he’s beefed up this summer. 

47 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I watched that Riverside team in December. They will be a tough out, but the west has several good teams. Isn’t Milan 2A now? Huntingdon is always good. In the east I will go with Fayetteville or Jasper. Both teams should be loaded with talent. Tyner is gone so that makes the path easier. 

Everyone is sleeping on Waverly. They have a great coaching staff and some really good players returning. If they can find a couple players to step up, they’ll be tough!