Hearing a coaching change happening in west TN...

WestTNHoopsFan

On 4/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Anybody hearing anything???

Were you talking about Crockett Co?  Saw an announcement today that Coach Rudesill will be taking over that problem.  He won a lot at Bolivar before going to JCM when they reopened a couple years ago.  I don't think he coached anywhere last season.

Coach Simpson had only been there 2 years.  Looking at schedules, he went 35-26 in two years with a substate appearance.  

On 4/21/2023 at 1:02 PM, maddams said:

Were you talking about Crockett Co?  Saw an announcement today that Coach Rudesill will be taking over that problem.  He won a lot at Bolivar before going to JCM when they reopened a couple years ago.  I don't think he coached anywhere last season.

Coach Simpson had only been there 2 years.  Looking at schedules, he went 35-26 in two years with a substate appearance.  

When I started the thread this was the job I was talking about. That process went really fast. Really surprising hire.  I guess in time we will see if it was a good one.

17 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

woe... big words at administrators at JCM...

Considering that the JCM principal/JMCSS bailed on the contracts that Schutes and Rudesill had signed to come to JCM, it's not big words, it's the truth. Why do you think both coaches resigned after one year? The principal/JMCSS tried to ad duties that neither coach had agreed to with the contracts they signed to come to JCM.  

We've been over this before.

Edited by ReitzFan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Considering that the JCM principal/JMCSS bailed on the contracts that Schutes and Rudesill had signed to come to JCM, it's not big words, it's the truth. Why do you think both coaches resigned after one year? The principal/JMCSS tried to ad duties that neither coach had agreed to with the contracts they signed to come to JCM.  

Yes, it’s common knowledge at this point 

6 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

sounds like the whole director of basketball operations was all good until the rest of the coaches in the district was like wait a minute... especially Coach fuller and Coach mcneal. can't blame coach shcutes and  coach rudesill for leaving. 

Wonder what the additional responsibilities were that they added.  Really doesnt matter now. Good luck to crockett and coach rudesill

On 4/25/2023 at 1:19 AM, ReitzFan said:

The real question is why did JMCSS allow that to happen at JCM and not the other schools? 

Seems like schools are still willing to hire coaches with somewhat of an impressive resume over young/energetic coaches who has an opportunity to take the school to different heights and prove themselves. Nothing wrong with hiring Rudesill, but I'm not going to sit here and act like he'll take the Cavaliers to a higher level than their previous coach, Adam Simpson, did in Alamo. I thought Crockett County actually had a good year in boys basketball. What happened to the Cavs' coach?

Edited by TryNotToSuck

On 4/29/2023 at 2:08 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Seems like schools are still willing to hire coaches with somewhat of an impressive resume over young/energetic coaches who has an opportunity to take the school to different heights and prove themselves. Nothing wrong with hiring Rudesill, but I'm not going to sit here and act like he'll take the Cavaliers to a higher level than their previous coach, Adam Simpson, did in Alamo. I thought Crockett County actually had a good year in boys basketball. What happened to the Cavs' coach?

They were ranked #1 in the state for a while in 3A. Finished 22-8... That is not a bad season at all. Got beat first round of region but still....

On 4/29/2023 at 2:02 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

The real question is why did JMCSS allow that to happen at JCM and not the other schools? 

JMCSS didn't "allow" anything to happen...they gave preferential treatment to the hires at JCM in order to bring in the big names to their pet project. Football too. Rudesill and Shutes were/are on the back end of their respective careers, and simply took the easy money. What would have served justice to JMCSS, would have been for ALL the rest to walk away and leave them stranded. Fuller and McNeal were mentioned earlier because they have both had tremendous success, but all the coaches already in the system were extremely disrespected by the classless show of favoritism for JCM over the other schools. Glad for Coach McNeal to bring one home for SouthSide, but Jackson/Madison Co. didn't deserve it.

• Upvote 1