Bearden High School is about to become a goliath in 6A.

23 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

Uhh Cooper Mays played football for Bearden middle in 8th grade…. 

Yeah, I was about to say because I remember people at West Valley from the Bearden Mac football team, used to come and talk about because everyone thought he was going to a Bearden High School, which spoiler alert he didn’t. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 3:59 PM, Elias287 said:

Yeah, I was about to say because I remember people at West Valley from the Bearden Mac football team, used to come and talk about because everyone thought he was going to a Bearden High School, which spoiler alert he didn’t. 

Why would Cooper Mayes ever be considered a Bearden potential player. His brother Cade was already enrolled in Catholic HS. Why would his parents want to students at different schools. Both attended Webb, a private school. Neither player was ever going to be a public school student. Plus the MAC football league  didn't start until 2017 or 2018. Cooper Mays was either an upper classmen at Catholic by then or in college. 

5 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

mac-yac2I don’t know what it was referred to before MAC if it was even anything; I think it was just an unorganized mess, but anyway, I found this picture through much research I found this, but you can clearly see him on the very right, so I don’t know why his parents would do that, but they did.

It was called Super Midgett football run by Knox County Department of Recreation. Most games played at John Tarleton fields off of Sutherland Ave. Some bowl games played at different HS in Knox County on the weekends. Practice anywhere the could find. MAC teams now practice and play at the high schools. Turf fields make that easier.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/9/2023 at 8:39 AM, Booger said:

6-3.42 of the CoachT Operations Manual and Rulebook

No Poster with </= 180 days as a member of the house shall on any forum post >/= than 500 words.

6-3.41 of the CoachT Operations Manual and Rulebook

No Poster with </= 3 days as a member of the house shall on any forum start a thread, then follow up that in the opening body of that thread with >/= 500 words.

Bearden shall be improved, but

Booger just sayin Bang-your-gavel GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You could have gone at him with the font size violation as well, but it's not nice to pile on. 

On 5/25/2023 at 10:39 PM, Elias287 said:

I mean, you have to be fair to Bearden. There have been so many star players that have been zoned for Bearden High School but have gone to Farragut, West, Karns, Catholic, and Alcoa, just to name a few recently Thomas Harper Karns, 

Thomas Harper (and Devin) were zoned Karns and went to Karns. I worked with mom and dad. Dad was interested in moving them to Maryville and he asked me about MHS at work. Mom didn't want to move. They live about 100 yards from the Bearden zone, but they are across Amherst and the railroad tracks inside the Karns zone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Thomas Harper (and Devin) were zoned Karns and went to Karns. I worked with mom and dad. Dad was interested in moving them to Maryville and he asked me about MHS at work. Mom didn't want to move. They live about 100 yards from the Bearden zone, but they are across Amherst and the railroad tracks inside the Karns zone.

I’m just going off what I’ve heard, but their move to Maryville would have been crazy in 2014–2015 if Devin played for them and Thomas too in 2017.

On 6/11/2023 at 7:14 AM, TriCitiesRebels said:

Wtf is wrong with you people

You guys come to Boone on Aug 25, just wondering how West Ridge is going to be looking this year.      I don't know about Boone, hopefully after last year's success we have guys playing who would normally not come out for the team.    But I don't know that, it's just speculation.     We have 20+ seniors to replace so Boone may be a bit rough starting out.           Really hope we can get a good WR/Boone rivalry going like we had with South.

• Upvote 1