Best Alcoa team all time?

Elias287

6 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

I went back 10 years and tried to compile y'all's record as best I could against the current divisions.  was hard but I tried to put the wins & loses where the schools are now (I.e. CPA is in D2 even though there was no such thing at the time.). I am sure I misplaced some but it should be close.

2A - 6-0

3A - 97-1 (scott in 2012)

4A - 1-0

5A - 8-1 (last year's west game)

6A - 13-8 (all losses to maryville I think)

D2 - 10-2 (loses to CAK and CPA before D2)

OOS - 1-1 (corbin, KY)

that's super impressive for sure on 3A enrollment!!  I hope you get more good 6A, D2 and OOS teams to play you guys.  clearly maryville is the only team that is consistently giving you a game.   FWIW, I think lipscomb is one of the very few teams with a winning record against you guys and that goes WAAAAAAY back but i'll take it.  : )

Greeneville Devils 2 wins, 2 losses against Alcoa. Tiebreaker this year. The ballers from Aluminumville strongly favored this year against a pretty good Devil squad.

17 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Great break down. The missing piece for the 2005 team was being mentally prepared early. That Alcoa team had heard all summer how good they where going to be. To the point going into the Maryville game, the team was very OVER hyped. Even the whole Alcoa Community thought they would win.

Maryville walked on to that field like a machine. Very business/military like. GQ knew he would have to strike fast. He unloaded his trick play bag first play. It was not till the third quarter Alcoa settled down and started to play to their potential. But, it was to late.

Coach Reid told me he had never been that out coached......ever. 

That team responded to getting beat, and played much better afterwards, Going to McCallie and beating a very good UT comment, BJ Coleman led Blue Tornado team.......45-35.

IMO, it was the highlight of the season, and a game I remember well to this day.

Yes that Maryville game was a disappointment but as far as best Alcoa team, I hate when people use beating Maryville as the measuring stick.  Also, Brandon was suspended for the Maryville game. Now I dont think he makes a 20 point difference, but things may have gone different in the early parts of the game if he was playing.  But take nothing away from Maryville, they were loaded that year, and obviously well coached.  The overall talent was better at both schools that year.  I mean there were 16 D1 football players on the field that night.  Thats unbelievable.  As far as my input for the best Alcoa team ever, i find it hard to believe that any other Alcoa team could line up and beat that (05) Alcoa team

Edited by BoysBasketball112234

4 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

I went back 10 years and tried to compile y'all's record as best I could against the current divisions.  was hard but I tried to put the wins & loses where the schools are now (I.e. CPA is in D2 even though there was no such thing at the time.). I am sure I misplaced some but it should be close.

2A - 6-0

3A - 97-1 (scott in 2012)

4A - 1-0

5A - 8-1 (last year's west game)

6A - 13-8 (all losses to maryville I think)

D2 - 10-2 (loses to CAK and CPA before D2)

OOS - 1-1 (corbin, KY)

that's super impressive for sure on 3A enrollment!!  I hope you get more good 6A, D2 and OOS teams to play you guys.  clearly maryville is the only team that is consistently giving you a game.   FWIW, I think lipscomb is one of the very few teams with a winning record against you guys and that goes WAAAAAAY back but i'll take it.  : )

Yes, but way back (more than 10 years) Goodpasture was the team to beat in the 2A Nashville area. Alcoa played them more for State Championship than DL/LA.  

image.png.54c43cc8c7b3b82d017d8eba2fe8abc0.png

5 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa would have beat Lipcomb 2004 thru 2019. 2020-2022 it would have been a war. Prove me wrong !:thumb:

you may be right.  lipscomb was pretty good 2004-2009 with a state championship in there.  probably not much debate on 2010-2020.  2021-2022 not so sure.  no way to prove it one way or another but the conversation we have had before is that I think LA is playing a tougher schedule the last couple of years and you don't agree.  not sure we will settle that.  

in any case, no doubt alcoa has built something special for 20 years and I am proud our little high school has a winning record against your juggernaut.  : )

seriously...respect.

12 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

you may be right.  lipscomb was pretty good 2004-2009 with a state championship in there.  probably not much debate on 2010-2020.  2021-2022 not so sure.  no way to prove it one way or another but the conversation we have had before is that I think LA is playing a tougher schedule the last couple of years and you don't agree.  not sure we will settle that.  

in any case, no doubt alcoa has built something special for 20 years and I am proud our little high school has a winning record against your juggernaut.  : )

seriously...respect.

Likewise. Lipscomb has become the top team in the state, and they did it in a hurry! 

Here's to the Hope, the Mustangs keep it going! :thumb:

• Like 1