If you are scared just say so….

LadyCavsFan

15 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

It didn't help that they lost one of their best players  early in the game to re-aggravating what looked like a previous injury. That said they played a good game , but Oakland played a whale of a game defensively and won the battle on the boards. That was truly the difference. 

Yeah that definitely didn’t help us.  Offesnse/defense wasn’t the same without her.  She is the leader of the team and they feed off of her.  We got some terrible calls the last quarter and Oakland made all the big shots.  As far as the boards go, Cookeville out rebounded Oakland by double digits.  It just seemed that way with the way the game ended.  

20 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Yeah that definitely didn’t help us.  Offesnse/defense wasn’t the same without her.  She is the leader of the team and they feed off of her.  We got some terrible calls the last quarter and Oakland made all the big shots.  As far as the boards go, Cookeville out rebounded Oakland by double digits.  It just seemed that way with the way the game ended.  

I guess I should have clarified the last half of the game Oakland had rebounds 11 to 2 rebounds for Cookeville or that's what the stats had listed.  As far as calls go Oakland had some garbage calls early on as well.... Hated to see Cookeville outed, but thats how it goes somebody was gona go home that night 

Edited by Blaze45

1 minute ago, Blaze45 said:

I guess I should have clarified the last half of the game Oakland had rebounds 11 to 2 rebounds for Cookeville or that's what the stats had listed.  As far as calls go Oakland had some garbage calls early on as wel.... Hated to see Cookeville outed, but thats how it goes somebody was goona go home that night 

Yep you can’t have a bad game or even a bad quarter when you get to this time of the year without risking going home.  Oakland got some key rebounds but the turnovers they forced were the key imo.  Oakland also started the game like 0-7 or 1-7 from 3 and then made 4-5 straight 3’s in 4th/OT.  They made the shots and the plays when it counted the most.  We obviously didn’t have our best night but that doesn’t take away from what they did.  

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Lol of course you two come out of the wood work to talk trash when you won’t play us.   

If you’re a parent in Putnam county and you want to win middle school championships, go to Prescott, if you wanna win state championships, go to Upperman Middle. Fact that is undeniable. And even the middle school championship is coming to an end once the fifth and sixth grade gets their opportunity. UMS has a future miss basketball in the fifth grade and you know who I’m talking about.  That is not an exaggeration. The kid is head and shoulders above all others. I’m going on record now and telling you she will win multiple miss basketball awards multiple state championships, as long as she stays healthy.

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Cookeville has a great program and they had a good year by most standards but in the game of basketball in the UpperCumberland, we are judged by how many gold and silver balls the program is able to attain. Unfortunately another year, another opportunity lost. I’ll say this much they have some very good players in their feeder program that will give them multiple opportunities to win in the next 4 years. Good luck to y’all!  I mean that 

59 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Cookeville has a great program and they had a good year by most standards but in the game of basketball in the UpperCumberland, we are judged by how many gold and silver balls the program is able to attain. Unfortunately another year, another opportunity lost. I’ll say this much they have some very good players in their feeder program that will give them multiple opportunities to win in the next 4 years. Good luck to y’all!  I mean that 

Cookeville Female Cavaliers should have beaten Oakland Female Patriots. It should have happened. I guarantee it. Cookeville Female Cavaliers blew their chance. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Basketball44Guru said:

I witnessed one of this Upperman games and Oakland was without their best player.  I think the Lady Bees still win but that missing piece can play.

She was there for their second matchup of the season. Very talented young lady and a much closer game than the first.