Way too early 1A favorites 2024

Chiefbigfoot

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 6:44 PM, 99SportsFan said:

R1 sectional should be really good.. North Greene returns 7 starters back from a sub state team and UH returns a lot from a state tournament team.. looks like Greenback and Coalfield will be good again so should be lots of fun.

Going to be hard for either of those teams to come to Coalfield and win. Coalfield will have the best player again with the older Treece kid. If I had to choose the other team right now it would be Greenback to finish second in their Region. Not sure how Oakdale will hold up since stuff from basketball might carry over with them to baseball. Wartburg and Midway could also be sneaky good and give Greenback a tough game to decide who plays Coalfield for the Region championship.

On 1/30/2024 at 12:44 PM, Summit22 said:

Going to be hard for either of those teams to come to Coalfield and win. Coalfield will have the best player again with the older Treece kid. If I had to choose the other team right now it would be Greenback to finish second in their Region. Not sure how Oakdale will hold up since stuff from basketball might carry over with them to baseball. Wartburg and Midway could also be sneaky good and give Greenback a tough game to decide who plays Coalfield for the Region championship.

Greenback getting a new coach will probably set them back early.Hopefully with the return of so many very good Srs they may overcome but we have no idea how good this new guy is.The old coach had alot of faith in him,so we will see.

On 2/3/2024 at 7:42 AM, orngnblk said:

Greenback getting a new coach will probably set them back early.Hopefully with the return of so many very good Srs they may overcome but we have no idea how good this new guy is.The old coach had alot of faith in him,so we will see.

Yeah, there's always the unknown with a new coach coming in so I could see some struggles early. The talent is there though and that can overcome a lot of things in A baseball. Should be a fun season!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 3/27/2024 at 9:30 AM, Baseball8 said:

This thread has been really quiet this year. I still have not seen any rankings. It seems that Middle and West TN will still be strong. From what I am seeing in some of these threads the East will be weak. Thoughts?

The East is very weak imo. Coalfield is the best team on this end of the state and they're not nearly as good as they've been the last two years. If I had to predict the two teams from the East going to the state tournament it would be Coalfield and either UH or Greenback.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 8:59 AM, Summit22 said:

The East is very weak imo. Coalfield is the best team on this end of the state and they're not nearly as good as they've been the last two years. If I had to predict the two teams from the East going to the state tournament it would be Coalfield and either UH or Greenback.

I wasn't super impressed with Coalfield this past weekend. Still a solid team for A ball, but I'd say UH has the best team in the East. They run ruled Eagleville a few weeks ago down at Clinton. 

On 2/3/2024 at 7:42 AM, orngnblk said:

Looks like greenback softball is really good this year.  It may be cland and the lady kees in substate.