Favorite in 4a

BigMan101

19 hours ago, boogersbooger said:

Redbank will take a step back. One RB graduated and Morris is no longer on the team. They also graduated one of their ends.

Moving up to 4A also is Loudon. Red Bank and Loudon have a pretty good history of playoff games in the past! The Redskins should have a pretty solid team this year!

1 hour ago, tnredskin said:

Moving up to 4A also is Loudon. Red Bank and Loudon have a pretty good history of playoff games in the past! The Redskins should have a pretty solid team this year!

Who all do the Redskins have coming back?  Also do you believe moving up to 4a will be tougher during the play-offs overall? 

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Who all do the Redskins have coming back?  Also do you believe moving up to 4a will be tougher during the play-offs overall? 

Return a lot of starters on both sides of the ball. Really didn't lose much to graduation. Should have a big Senior class for leadership! Got to find a place kicker! 

As far as playoffs, we have had Alcoa forever! Can't be any better teams than that! Looking forward to playing some new teams!

2 hours ago, tnredskin said:

Return a lot of starters on both sides of the ball. Really didn't lose much to graduation. Should have a big Senior class for leadership! Got to find a place kicker! 

As far as playoffs, we have had Alcoa forever! Can't be any better teams than that! Looking forward to playing some new teams!

That’s why I said overall :lol:.  Everyone knows that Alcoa runs 3a in Tennessee.  

I think Loudon will definitely have a shot in that new region to make it farther than they have in the past not having to go through Alcoa.  Whoever comes out of that Quad will not have been tested in the first three rounds compared to Quad 1.

3 hours ago, sumcofootball said:

See a lot of talk from people about the region with Marshall County and Pearl. Let's not forget Station Camp is in that region now as well. They'll turn heads this year. They open the year with Beech and Gallatin before Marshall County game. 

Who do they return from last year when they were in 5a?  Looking at their losses I don’t think PC loses to any of those teams last year and PC returns quite a bit off that team

On 6/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, sumcofootball said:

See a lot of talk from people about the region with Marshall County and Pearl. Let's not forget Station Camp is in that region now as well. They'll turn heads this year. They open the year with Beech and Gallatin before Marshall County game. 

Not counting the out and I actually have them making the playoffs. They will just have to facing PC or MC again and with everyone returning I think that will be a tall task. I’ve seen SC play for at least the past 10 years.

On 6/30/2023 at 2:30 PM, Swipes said:

Who do they return from last year when they were in 5a?  Looking at their losses I don’t think PC loses to any of those teams last year and PC returns quite a bit off that team

Sounds like a 5/6a school thinking because they where in a bigger class last year they played superior competition. 

3 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Not counting the out and I actually have them making the playoffs. They will just have to facing PC or MC again and with everyone returning I think that will be a tall task. I’ve seen SC play for at least the past 10 years.

You getting to friendly fb

On 6/26/2023 at 10:01 AM, blazer1set said:

Lot of talk about Elizabethton, but it is going to be hard to judge where they are as a program due to a really easy schedule.

Slam dunk wins:  Morristown West, Grainger, Cherokee, Sullivan East, Northview Academy, Volunteer

Probable wins:  Science Hill, Daniel Boone, Dobyns-Bennett

Likely losses:  Greeneville

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More on slam dunk wins:   Yeah you have to take every game seriously but let's not kid ourselves, Elizabethton can show up and draw up plays in the dirt and still win these games.

More on the probable wins:   Science Hill seems to have great athletes every year but they woefully underachieve as a team.   Boone beat Elizabethton last year, but that only happens on average once every 17 years.     DB and Elizabethton do not have much recent history from which to draw, but I still look for a Cyclone win in this one.       I do not see Elizabethton winning any of these games by a blowout and maybe they even go 2 out of 3.

More on likely losses:     Well Greeneville is Greeneville, just do not see the Cyclones taking the Devils this time around.

Normally I'd agree about a weak schedule however I also feel the coach plays a big role. We've had relatively the same level schedule year in and year out. The fact EHS has made it to state and won twice recently says in our case its more about the coaching than it is about a schedule. Good teams overcome a hard schedule or an easy schedule. I think a lot of times we use scheduling as an excuse to justify the teams play. 

We lose early in the playoffs they say it was bc we weren't prepared due to an easy schedule. We win the whole thing with the same schedule the schedule argument goes  out the window. TL/DR I don't believe scheduling plays as big a role as people think it does when it comes to high school football.