Lack of Sports coverage for West Tn

Sherdog

I've always wanted to stream Huntingdon games, but doesn't TSSAA require payment to do so? or is that only during post season? There has been multiple times in the past I wasn't able to make the games and would liked to have watched the game. I know there are some people that doesn't go to the games, but would like to watch it.

14 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

I've always wanted to stream Huntingdon games, but doesn't TSSAA require payment to do so? or is that only during post season? There has been multiple times in the past I wasn't able to make the games and would liked to have watched the game. I know there are some people that doesn't go to the games, but would like to watch it.

Don’t know Tennessee’s policy, but here in Georgia it’s up to the individual schools whether or not to charge the visiting team a fee to broadcast/live stream.

22 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

There's just not alot of media out in West TN. Memphis is gonna get most of the traditional press coverage, regardless if they're good or not. Like someone else said, if you want coverage create coverage. Middle TN has alot of coverage, but it's not lucrative to cover HS football. 

Mike Molder (God rest his soul) had a great show but he did that just because he loved HS Football

Good post. The only school doing anything lately in Memphis seems to be Whitehaven. And they have struggled since taking the Covid year off. In the old days, inner-city Memphis schools were completely irrelevant until Hillcrest came out of nowhere to win AAA in 1985 (I was there.)

1 hour ago, stangsby3 said:

Huntingdon made the mistake like many schools now that uses that NFHS network that scammed their way in and has all the rights to live streaming. All a racket w them and TSSAA combined 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Huntingdon made the mistake like many schools now that uses that NFHS network that scammed their way in and has all the rights to live streaming. All a racket w them and TSSAA combined 

Yes that is unfortunate. I have never paid for that junk. Complete waste of money, as I have heard the quality is trash and sometimes the game is never showed or "service" is down. I just don't understand why a school would pay a company, probably a large sum of money, to be so bad, when most folks could do a better job with their phones.

1 minute ago, stangsby3 said:

Yes that is unfortunate. I have never paid for that junk. Complete waste of money, as I have heard the quality is trash and sometimes the game is never showed or "service" is down. I just don't understand why a school would pay a company, probably a large sum of money, to be so bad, when most folks could do a better job with their phones.

I get that in some instances the quality isn't great, but if you want to follow what's going on in the other corners of the state beyond a newspaper article, it's worth the money

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

Your school system paid them 10,000 to install it and all that u listed is the end result. They must have a heck of a sales pitch though. Lot of schools has bought into it 

I live in Florida now but I'm able to keep up with the local teams well through radio or live streaming online. I give twinkle radio (WCMT) heck because Paul is bind and mixes up teams and names like there is no tomorrow. I still get to listen to local games which keeps me updated well enough.  He usually has people in the booth that I wish he would let lead the broadcast but he owns the radio station so he calls the shots. The McKenzie games are good, Huntingdung is good (too much homerisiums whining about calls at times). NFHS is garbage!!!!

8 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I get that in some instances the quality isn't great, but if you want to follow what's going on in the other corners of the state beyond a newspaper article, it's worth the money

I can see that being beneficial for some people. Just figure they could do a better job with all the money they are probably making. 

3 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

WOW! Wasn't aware it was that much. Do they also get paid per game? 

to be honest , during covid NFHS was installing them for no charge .. that’s when the boom happened . I pay for it every year, I like the service . You can watch basically all of the sports from just about every school in the state. Some schools have it tied into the radio stations broadcasting the games . Sometimes I will use it to scout other teams with my son . I’ll mirror it from Iphone to the big screen. There’s nothing like watching your son score TDs  on the big screen while drinking a beer if you can’t make the games . I know out of state grandparents and family utilize the service as well . It’s got value.