Could this be the year for Germantown?

After finishing last season 11-3 and 5-2 in region play, Germantown will look to continue and carry that success all the way to a state championship with key returning pieces. This season, the sky is the limit for them, especially on defense. With two of the best edges in the state returning in North Carolina senior commit Daniel Anderson and UCF senior commit DJ Allen, they should have no problem bringing trouble to opposing quarterbacks. On the Line Chris Mcbee and Daniel Anderson are both true wrecking horses for any O linemen. They are bound to have a breakout season. Moving to the DB's, senior Taeshawn Jefferson and junior Blair Colbert should be key pieces for that secondary. Moving to the offensive line, senior and Mississippi State commit Kison Shepard will look to be a leader in the trenches along with seniors Khelan Slocum and Tvler Rhodes. This Germantown offensive line may be the best they’ve had in a while. Speaking of the big boys upfront, let’s talk about who they are going to be blocking for next year, and if you’re wondering, I am too. I really have no idea. I’m sure some very kind and not judgmental Person under this thread will help us out, but if I had to guess, it would be sophomore quarterback Darion Morton, but that doesn’t matter, especially when you have uncommitted senior BJ Blake to hand it off to one of the best running backs in his class for the state and probably the best RB in the state is going to be a problem next year, just like last year, and we also can’t leave out freshman Larry Johnson III, a 2027 RB who has already raised the eyebrows of mini-D1 coaches and already holds an offer from Tory University. Bj and Larry will look to have brake-out seasons moving on to WR's. You can’t leave out Junior Jamarion Morrow, one of the best WR’s in the state. Don’t matter who is throwing to him as long as it’s in his arms reach, he’s getting it. Also, Junior Jaden Jones will also be someone to look out for in the receiving game, and that should rap it up. Will this be the year for Germantown? Could a gold football be in the future?

16 minutes ago, 6AFootballKing said:

After finishing last season 11-3 and 5-2 in region play, Germantown will look to continue and carry that success all the way to a state championship with key returning pieces. This season, the sky is the limit for them, especially on defense. With two of the best edges in the state returning in North Carolina senior commit Daniel Anderson and UCF senior commit DJ Allen, they should have no problem bringing trouble to opposing quarterbacks. On the Line Chris Mcbee and Daniel Anderson are both true wrecking horses for any O linemen. They are bound to have a breakout season. Moving to the DB's, senior Taeshawn Jefferson and junior Blair Colbert should be key pieces for that secondary. Moving to the offensive line, senior and Mississippi State commit Kison Shepard will look to be a leader in the trenches along with seniors Khelan Slocum and Tvler Rhodes. This Germantown offensive line may be the best they’ve had in a while. Speaking of the big boys upfront, let’s talk about who they are going to be blocking for next year, and if you’re wondering, I am too. I really have no idea. I’m sure some very kind and not judgmental Person under this thread will help us out, but if I had to guess, it would be sophomore quarterback Darion Morton, but that doesn’t matter, especially when you have uncommitted senior BJ Blake to hand it off to one of the best running backs in his class for the state and probably the best RB in the state is going to be a problem next year, just like last year, and we also can’t leave out freshman Larry Johnson III, a 2027 RB who has already raised the eyebrows of mini-D1 coaches and already holds an offer from Tory University. Bj and Larry will look to have brake-out seasons moving on to WR's. You can’t leave out Junior Jamarion Morrow, one of the best WR’s in the state. Don’t matter who is throwing to him as long as it’s in his arms reach, he’s getting it. Also, Junior Jaden Jones will also be someone to look out for in the receiving game, and that should rap it up. Will this be the year for Germantown? Could a gold football be in the future?

They're still gotta get past Bartlett and Collierville, which won’t be easy, but yeah, they have a very, very good team. I mean, so do Collierville and Bartlett, but yeah, I can see them in the state game. I could also see Collierville and Bartlett. In the state game, region 8 is going to be fun to watch this year and see who will come out number 1, but only time will tell. If I had to put my chips in, I’m going all in on Collierville number 1, but you bring up some very good points.

On 6/30/2023 at 10:29 PM, 6AFootballKing said:

The New QB that transferred in is a big dog. Good luck to him and y’all!

8 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

I only saw Germantown play once. The 1994 5A state final against Riverdale , widely regarded as the most talented team to grace the Volunteer state. It was the only remotely close game Riverdale played all year.

I watched that game on YouTube a few weeks ago, even though I wasn’t even born, nor even thought of at that time I wish I was there. 

here’s the video link on YouTube