5A Region 7

eers

13 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I Would love some detailed feedback from that game if possible.

Station Camp played Green Hill on Tuesday. I believe with starters it was tied 3-3. Green Hill definitely has some size but their run game was not there. (I don't believe the Mattingly kid played) Although Station Camp's defense looks like the real deal this year. Got some LBs out there making a ton of plays. Station Camp scored on a couple of long passes and long runs. Only play that really got SC was a tunnel screen from GH that they ran numerous times. They are definitely not giving their QB a ton of passing opportunities like they did last year. Defensively GH liked to roll the safeties down in the box and play man on the outside. I think GH has finally stopped getting a ton of new kids also. Their freshman team only had about 35 players and were not very good. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

Station Camp played Green Hill on Tuesday. I believe with starters it was tied 3-3. Green Hill definitely has some size but their run game was not there. (I don't believe the Mattingly kid played) Although Station Camp's defense looks like the real deal this year. Got some LBs out there making a ton of plays. Station Camp scored on a couple of long passes and long runs. Only play that really got SC was a tunnel screen from GH that they ran numerous times. They are definitely not giving their QB a ton of passing opportunities like they did last year. Defensively GH liked to roll the safeties down in the box and play man on the outside. I think GH has finally stopped getting a ton of new kids also. Their freshman team only had about 35 players and were not very good. 

I don’t see SC as a very good team, I expected a drop off in talent and success for GH this season due to a senior loaded squad from last year. Craziest thing about MJ this year, they’ll only be starting/rotating 5-7 seniors into the mix on both sides. Most every key player is returning next season. 

7 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I don’t see SC as a very good team, I expected a drop off in talent and success for GH this season due to a senior loaded squad from last year. Craziest thing about MJ this year, they’ll only be starting/rotating 5-7 seniors into the mix on both sides. Most every key player is returning next season. 

I believe SC will surprise people after Week 1 against Beech

On 8/2/2023 at 4:53 PM, TheCommissioner said:

The Jackets play at Green Hill on 8/04 at 6 PM for their last pre-jamboree scrimmage 

Could be tough year for the Jackets with unfortunate injuries and losing such a talented senior class not to mention off the field decisions that will be a detriment to the feeder system of SHS. I cannot believe the largest city in Robertson County  with the largest sales tax revenue that a large percentage goes to the school system no longer has a middle school . Before this past school year there was Springfield Middle and now it’s closed and is now Innovation Academy (magnet school ) . A large percentage of SMS are being bussed to Coopertown Middle which very late in the summer had no football coach, the previous coach left for a different school system. I have no idea if a coach has been hired yet or they wont have a team. SMS provided SHS a majority of its players were as most lived within the city limits and many walked to and from practices.  Now they’re being sent 7 miles out from the city to Coopertown Middle which has always been a feeder to SHS even before the middle school was started those students came to then Springfield Junior High as ninth graders and then on to SHS. I’m just curious if a coach was ever hired ? I noticed Greenbrier Middle hired a coach right before practice began , a coach may have been hired without my knowledge, hope someone can answer that for me. In late summer you could always see players at SMS walking to and from practice in a program that produced many undefeated teams over the years practicing in the hallowed old bottom below the school where Boyce Smith molded his teams. The busy highway 49 is not a place to walk down with no shoulders or sidewalks let alone it’s out 7 miles in the country. Now the director of schools has left for an adjacent county and will miss out on this decision. This is in no way a knock at the Innovation Academy or CMS , I just think this would never happen at any other cluster of schools in the school system. This is something that wasn’t well thought out for middle school students in the Springfield cluster , I know the system had to answer to some disparities in this cluster in the past, unfortunately they may have to be again.

Edited by LEON
  • Upvote 1