5A Region 7

eers

14 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Sorry that I took that as a deflection, being that you had to directly mention Gallatin instead of commenting on the actual situation. Sure reads out pretty clearly more as a "jab" and not actually addressing the current situation. If that upsets you that somebody called you out on the comment, then idk what to say. 

Sorry if it came across as a jab. If it was a jab it was intended for Sumner Co Bd of Ed. (Which I think eers understood perfectly). I’m proud of the tradition of excellence of all of Sumner county football and hope we can all upgrade our facilities soon. 

Just now, tandem said:

Sorry if it came across as a jab. If it was a jab it was intended for Sumner Co Bd of Ed. (Which I think eers understood perfectly). I’m proud of the tradition of excellence of all of Sumner county football and hope we can all upgrade our facilities soon. 

Read my comment above yours. Agreed. 

Edited by thegreatone36

4 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Nothing negative meant towards Beech. I'll just say I hope this is a sore spot that we can all look down upon when it comes to the Sumner County Board. While we can all look at one school that they basically built a college campus for, yet literally had another school stadium literally fall to the ground. Embarassing on their behalf. There is enough money floating around this county, there should be no problem keeping up with Rutherford, Wilson & Williamson when it comes to upkeeping these stadiums. 

Spot on. 

28 minutes ago, eers said:

I’m not sure how much that was a jab, as it was a reality of the neglect of stadium maintenance on the part of the county. We have some old stadiums and I’m not sure any of them outside of the University of Liberty Creek (and probably station camp just based on the age) are in good condition. 

I believe Station Camp's are in good shape, but I thought Beech's were too before this morning. SC just has some broken ones from the 2014 era on the visitor side that cannot get fixed. SC has been trying to get the county to fix their sprinkler system on the field for years. Also have been having water issues in locker room for a long time. That's not saying much though since every school in Sumner County has their own issues with the board of education. I remember two years ago when Nolensville played at SC a Nolensville coach said "they really need to put more money into their facilities." You're preaching to the choir buddy. But don't worry.. Liberty Creek got their jamboree win against Portland on their college campus and will get embarrassed by East Robertson this week.

6 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

^^^Liberty is one school that I honestly can't help but want to see lose any time they step out onto the field no matter who they play. Just kind of as a "Hey, BOE, you cant buy one school's trophy case."

The worst is the entitled Liberty Creek parents who truly don't understand why they get so much hate and say other schools are just "jealous of what they have done." No one is jealous. People are pissed off the county decided to purchase a flight simulator and a $20,000 metal sign of a wolf (amongst other things) while some coaches and quarterback clubs in this county are having to pay out of pocket to get running water to their game field. The storm back in spring that tore down a lot of baseball fences in Sumner County.. Liberty Creek got theirs fixed the same week, Station Camp's is still down. 

2 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not unusual to see a new school get some preferential treatment early on, but what Sumner did with LC is on a whole 'nother level

They could have built a nice school and spent some money on the other schools. It’s not that it’s new, but it’s elaborate and everyone sees what happens when you ignore the facilities at other schools. 

6 minutes ago, eers said:

They could have built a nice school and spent some money on the other schools. It’s not that it’s new, but it’s elaborate and everyone sees what happens when you ignore the facilities at other schools. 

True. It would make me question how competent the leadership on the school board is. Rockvale not much older, but RuCo just started or is about to start on 90M worth of renovations at Oakland and Riverdale.