1-A Region 6

west10EZ

1 hour ago, SpottedGoat said:

20 games under .500 in a decade at Greenfield over a decade. Playoff appearances by default of the 4 seed & a good class of stud athletes that small schools get on occasion. & they exited in the second round I think.  Now back at the helm of Greenfield & it's been a complete disaster of fights, player suspensions & 3 wins versus teams that went a combined 2 -29. 

"Make him tell you no?" Really? This is the best WC can attract? 

I don't believe that.

West Carroll has way more potential than Greenfield as a program … that Greenfield team would have went winless without Pitts this year . Put some respect on that man’s name … Noah Lampkins is another one that does more with less every single year . 

1 hour ago, west10EZ said:

West Carroll has way more potential than Greenfield as a program … that Greenfield team would have went winless without Pitts this year . Put some respect on that man’s name … Noah Lampkins is another one that does more with less every single year . 

Noah may retire at Gleason. Or be there until it's closed & they combine with Dresden (the closest in county neighbor). Whichever comes first. But he definitely deserves a shot to coach a bigger program if he chooses to. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

Noah may retire at Gleason. Or be there until it's closed & they combine with Dresden (the closest in county neighbor). Whichever comes first. But he definitely deserves a shot to coach a bigger program if he chooses to. 

Noah is outstanding… if he coached at martin, Union City,Huntingdon, Dresden…. that man would have a few championships. I’m a big fan of his work and have no dog in his race . What he does with the smallest school in the entire state is incredible. 

On 12/23/2023 at 5:11 PM, west10EZ said:

Will be interesting to see how it plays out… if it were me and I was in charge of West Carroll i’d at least make Don Pitts tell me no or maybe see what Josh Wolfe is doing again.  I believe Bruceton already has its guy , will probably be announced in January. 

Pitts maybe. Love coach Wolfe but he's never coming back. My guess is we'll hire an up and coming coordinator like we did with Morris or we'll hire Hunter Dixon. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, west10EZ said:

Noah is outstanding… if he coached at martin, Union City,Huntingdon, Dresden…. that man would have a few championships. I’m a big fan of his work and have no dog in his race . What he does with the smallest school in the entire state is incredible. 

At this point, I'm convinced there would no longer be a football program at Gleason without lampkins. Which is why I'm also convinced he'll never leave for anything but retirement. 

On 12/26/2023 at 1:21 PM, SpottedGoat said:

20 games under .500 in a decade at Greenfield over a decade. Playoff appearances by default of the 4 seed & a good class of stud athletes that small schools get on occasion. & they exited in the second round I think.  Now back at the helm of Greenfield & it's been a complete disaster of fights, player suspensions & 3 wins versus teams that went a combined 2 -29. 

"Make him tell you no?" Really? This is the best WC can attract? 

I don't believe that.

I'd be perfectly fine with coach Pitts he's a heck of a coach. I can't recall any time during his first tenure when I saw a class of stud athletes like you  mentioned. He just got every bit out of the kids he was coaching. I believe they won the region in 2020 thanks to a covid win. But we beat them week 11 and round 2 to put em out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

At this point, I'm convinced there would no longer be a football program at Gleason without lampkins. Which is why I'm also convinced he'll never leave for anything but retirement. 

You can add this... I've never spoken to Lampkins about leaving Gleason personally, but I do know that he's said no to some attractive offers before. He's always been a "lifer" there, and I don't expect that to change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I'd be perfectly fine with coach Pitts he's a heck of a coach. I can't recall any time during his first tenure when I saw a class of stud athletes like you  mentioned. He just got every bit out of the kids he was coaching. I believe they won the region in 2020 thanks to a covid win. But we beat them week 11 and round 2 to put em out. 

I dont see coach pitt leaving greenfield with him being gone a year and him just coming back.  It could happen I guess but it would shock me.  I see him staying there for a very very long time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, west10EZ said:

I have said this many times!  He is a heck of coach!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 1:59 PM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Pitts maybe. Love coach Wolfe but he's never coming back. My guess is we'll hire an up and coming coordinator like we did with Morris or we'll hire Hunter Dixon. 

Heard a name or two that some think would be a good fit. Your guess about hiring a coordinator may not come to pass, but it's definitely a possibility. West Tn roots with Knoxville grad assistant on resume'.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Heard a name or two that some think would be a good fit. Your guess about hiring a coordinator may not come to pass, but it's definitely a possibility. West Tn roots with Knoxville grad assistant on resume'.

Ohhh interesting… Spill the beans and i’ll tell you who the next next coach of HRB is …