Walter Nolan X Jeremy Pruitt

Elias287

12 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Some facts are correct, some are a little off. Trust me, Govman knows the situation.

He came to MHS from Burns, NC not to be confused with Byrnes, SC. 

Over the years I've sat around some really good people that have came here from other areas and had great friendships and enjoyed talking with them but after graduation none ever returned. That was hard to understand until I went to see my nephew a lot his senior year at GCA but never returned because I had really nothing vested into the program like I do Maryville. Far as Jay goes it may have been a stepdad possibly but that's been a while now but they did tell me the story of how they came here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 6:49 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

NCAA Should of gave Tennessee the death penalty but that's hard to do three years later to a group of kids that had nothing to do with it or even knew who Pruitt was.

That didn't stop the NCAA for decades when they actually had some guts, and teeth. They're nothing but a weak, gutless, entity now, who bent over for UT once again, like the did with the UNC football and basketball scandal.     

On 7/21/2023 at 9:18 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Far as Jay goes it may have been a stepdad possibly but that's been a while now but they did tell me the story of how they came here.

I believe what Brother Govman was getting at is that the part about Denso is not true - and I'm pretty sure the grandfather didn't move here either (really nice man though)

Edited by oldrebel

1 hour ago, oldrebel said:

I believe what Brother Govman was getting at is that the part about Denso is not true - and I'm pretty sure the grandfather didn't move here either (really nice man though)

Goodness aren't we starving for football to make a mountain out of a molehill about exactly where somebody came to work. I don't believe I ever said the grandfather lived here. I can tell you though they sit right in front of me and we talked every ball game. The whole point of the entire conversation was that there were no shenanigans on why they came here. The next time somebody moves here from out of state we'll get their paperwork from ancestry.com and proof of employment so there won't be any disagreements.

On 7/19/2023 at 7:49 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

NCAA Should of gave Tennessee the death penalty but that's hard to do three years later to a group of kids that had nothing to do with it or even knew who Pruitt was.

Barn the NCAA would have never discovered 10% of the documented infractions if Tennessee hadn’t handed them over in a silver platter. Monetarily it was a wash after fines and investigation cost compared to just buying out Pruitt. This was done to get rid of him but the red carpet treatment and the severe penalties Tennessee self imposed was strictly to avoid the death penalty. The NCAA just sat back and watched for 3 years while Tennessee sang like a canary in themselves to an outside investigation firm while footing the bill. All the while inviting the NCAA to observe and fetching them fresh coffee on demand then gift wrapped the findings before handing them over. In my honest opinion this was a brilliant example of how to handle future situations in any school and it obviously worked. Had Tennessee clammed up then the ax woulda fell hard. 

52 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Goodness aren't we starving for football to make a mountain out of a molehill about exactly where somebody came to work. I don't believe I ever said the grandfather lived here. I can tell you though they sit right in front of me and we talked every ball game. The whole point of the entire conversation was that there were no shenanigans on why they came here. The next time somebody moves here from out of state we'll get their paperwork from ancestry.com and proof of employment so there won't be any disagreements.

Your facts weren't correct, per usual.

1 hour ago, crow said:

Barn the NCAA would have never discovered 10% of the documented infractions if Tennessee hadn’t handed them over in a silver platter. Monetarily it was a wash after fines and investigation cost compared to just buying out Pruitt. This was done to get rid of him but the red carpet treatment and the severe penalties Tennessee self imposed was strictly to avoid the death penalty. The NCAA just sat back and watched for 3 years while Tennessee sang like a canary in themselves to an outside investigation firm while footing the bill. All the while inviting the NCAA to observe and fetching them fresh coffee on demand then gift wrapped the findings before handing them over. In my honest opinion this was a brilliant example of how to handle future situations in any school and it obviously worked. Had Tennessee clammed up then the ax woulda fell hard. 

When you factor in what UT saved from assistant coaching buyouts from those fired with cause, along with the savings from Pruitt's buyout, UT ended up about $4 million in the black vs. paying full buyouts.  

No, not a ton of money in "UTAD dollars", but not insignificant.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, HTV said:

When you factor in what UT saved from assistant coaching buyouts from those fired with cause, along with the savings from Pruitt's buyout, UT ended up about $4 million in the black vs. paying full buyouts.  

No, not a ton of money in "UTAD dollars", but not insignificant.  

What did Texas do? 

or you mean UTK

On 7/19/2023 at 7:49 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Happens everywhere! You should stop posting with comments like that.

40 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

What did Texas do? 

or you mean UTK

Not going there.  

As one with deep ties to both states, both are outstanding universities and great states to live in.  The people of Tennessee and Texas have a whe lot more in common than they do differences. 

Not going to play that devicive game. 

1 hour ago, Elias287 said:

What did Texas do? 

or you mean UTK

I'll open the can of worms for a little history Lesson.

University of Texas was "named" in the constitution of 1876, but did not open until 1883. The University of Tennessee was operating in 1840, though under a different name, and was officially renamed "University of Tennessee" in 1879. Tennessee under the University of Tennessee name was operating 4 years before Texas was even opened so UT doesn't belong to Texas.

PS if it wasn't for Tennessee, Texas would be called northern Mexico.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1