Preseason Scrimmages

Classless

2 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

ER won 2-0. ER was missing some OL but didn’t seem very discipline. Defense was solid…offense was not. Qb play was solid, O line play was not. Hope we get some OL back next week.

ER wasn't as impressive as advertised,  or Gordonsville is better than advertised... ER was the better team but it was close.

8 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

Marion County 36

Notre Dame 6

Starters played 2 1/2 qtrs. A few things to clean up but overall looked pretty good for July football. 

Marion should be in Chatt in December! Should’ve challenged Tyner to get there last year too. No excuses with all that size and athletes. No teams in East should be able to match up with you all. I thought City would reload but was informed most there are ready for a major step back. The West is a different animal. Should be a fun season for the Warriors. I look fwd to catching a few up them.I’m just keeping it real 

23 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Exactly what I thought. Hoping they clean it up and get some of their O Line back. Wasn’t a good first showing.

Didn’t ER lose several lineman last year? Line play will determine the region between y’all and Smith. That one should be  a great game. Which week is Smith?

4 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Didn’t ER lose several lineman last year? Line play will determine the region between y’all and Smith. That one should be  a great game. Which week is Smith?

Week 6. ER lost Cheatham, Montgomery, and Alarcon from last season. All we’re all state lineman. Loosing those 3 hurt but they replace them bigger and honestly probably more raw talented kids. I’m probably being too hard on them…was missing LG and LT and replaced them with freshman, but still didn’t dominate the way I thought they should.

Fayetteville City 36 Franklin County (5a) 13 at Fayetteville.  City overall team speed looks better than last year. This team is just as big as last season. I would guess they have between 55-60 players overall. A couple of the upcoming Sophomore and Junior Lineman have grown. 3 or 4 of them are minimum 6’3”. They return their 6’ 5” left tackle from last season. The inexperience showed at times, but with more reps they should improve. Line still playing physical and attacking even without their Coach from last season. Having a 6’6” mobile QB helps with those mistakes, but his accuracy seems to be an issue at times down the field. Several balls over or under thrown, late throws into coverage. City has 2 underclassman playing skill positions that are very fast and shifty with two larger receivers playing inside 6’1” and 6’3”. City returns their top receiver and QB from last season as well. They need to work on getting the ball down the field to open receivers. City had receivers wide open down the field and kept checking down and/or inaccurate passes. Timing just seemed off between the receivers and QB at times. Practice can fix that. Overall not bad first scrimmage but still a lot to work on before week 1. Defensively a lot of speed on the field but City wasn’t maintaining gaps at times and FC had a couple good runs on them. Also one of FC’s touchdowns City had 10 players on the field missing FS so gave up a big TD pass. City also had a pick 6 called back for block in the back on the return. Big mental errors.

Note: City does have a kicker this season and kicks extra points.

Next Friday August 4th Tullahoma (5A) will be at City. 

15 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Week 6. ER lost Cheatham, Montgomery, and Alarcon from last season. All we’re all state lineman. Loosing those 3 hurt but they replace them bigger and honestly probably more raw talented kids. I’m probably being too hard on them…was missing LG and LT and replaced them with freshman, but still didn’t dominate the way I thought they should.

Just Curious how many State Champions ER has won? With all those D1 players and 3/4 line all state how did anybody ever beat you?

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Will starting linemen be back soon or are they out for a while?

41 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Marion should be in Chatt in December! Should’ve challenged Tyner to get there last year too. No excuses with all that size and athletes. No teams in East should be able to match up with you all. I thought City would reload but was informed most there are ready for a major step back. The West is a different animal. Should be a fun season for the Warriors. I look fwd to catching a few up them.I’m just keeping it real 

The pieces are definitely there for a title run. Line play will be key but looked good in scrimmage. Skill wise there was just too many athletes for ND to account for.

They were no where near challenging Tyner last year (as was the case for everyone Tyner played.) Too many freshmen and sophomores playing. Had a good size line but skill kids too young and inexperienced. This year is different though. Return 15 starters this year and most are juniors. (Possibly return 90% of this seasons team next year.) This season and next should be good years.