East Robertson vs Liberty Creek

1 hour ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

ER has very good chance of making the 2A championship game. 2A too slow for these boys their team speed is more on par with a solid 5A school. If the QB from Smith county didn't transfer to Beech (the groves boys are good but he would have been the best player on the field) and they didnt lose a few others that would have been an awesome game and great region showdown. Now not so much. 

The scary thing about ER is they are gonna continue to get better. Still a very young team. Tennessean released their state championship predictions today. 3 of the 6 in favor of the Indians, 2 for Fayetteville, and 1 for riverside.

1 hour ago, Mottomotto said:

The scary thing about ER is they are gonna continue to get better. Still a very young team. Tennessean released their state championship predictions today. 3 of the 6 in favor of the Indians, 2 for Fayetteville, and 1 for riverside.

1-2 bad injuries for ER and it can ruin the whole season. They will play one of the easiest schedules in the state if not the easiest for good reason, footballs all about being healthy for playoffs. 

3 hours ago, Mottomotto said:

Good info ill check that out and Id have to agree with you and them. Most talented team in 2A no doubt doesnt give you the championship but it sure as heck don’t hurt. 

5 hours ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

ER has very good chance of making the 2A championship game. 2A too slow for these boys their team speed is more on par with a solid 5A school. If the QB from Smith county didn't transfer to Beech (the groves boys are good but he would have been the best player on the field) and they didnt lose a few others that would have been an awesome game and great region showdown. Now not so much. 

:popcorneater:

2 hours ago, LilBooser said:

1-2 bad injuries for ER and it can ruin the whole season. They will play one of the easiest schedules in the state if not the easiest for good reason, footballs all about being healthy for playoffs. 

Thats understood health is everything. Not sure I understand the easiest schedule in the state thing. New region that doesn’t look like it gonna be its best but what other 2A team has this super tough schedule that I’m missing? East plays district games, a couple not so good 3A teams and old tradition rival game in Jo byrns. Pretty standard stuff. 

2 hours ago, Mottomotto said:

Make that 28-0 Isaiah Groves makes it 3 Touchdowns before the half.

#11 also looked good running the ball tonight. Him and groves are gonna be hard to handle this year. Defense got a little sloppy in the 2nd half, but great win for week 1!

On 8/16/2023 at 4:47 PM, Mottomotto said:

Motto Motto,

The scary thing about East is their weak schedule, of course they're going to get better. They don't have any competition during the regular season, which makes Coach Brooks look good. Then they get to the playoffs and have to play some competition and lose. This makes them think that Coach Brooks is the greatest coach in the country. 

With Love, 

Margaret

1 hour ago, margaret1989 said:

Motto Motto,

The scary thing about East is their weak schedule, of course they're going to get better. They don't have any competition during the regular season, which makes Coach Brooks look good. Then they get to the playoffs and have to play some competition and lose. This makes them think that Coach Brooks is the greatest coach in the country. 

With Love, 

Margaret

Looks like your blue devils squeaked one out last night.