2023 Union City Tornadoes

Tornado82

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

No idea

I'm expecting UC to make a deep run and it wouldn't surprise me if they won the state championship.  

What hasn't been talked about is depth. Even the best 1A & 2A schools can't keep up once the injuries or fatigue starts to set in. I honestly hope it's a great game. UC is a great place to watch a game

I agree. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

No idea

I'm expecting UC to make a deep run and it wouldn't surprise me if they won the state championship.  

What hasn't been talked about is depth. Even the best 1A & 2A schools can't keep up once the injuries or fatigue starts to set in. I honestly hope it's a great game. UC is a great place to watch a game

schools at this level often do not play both ways, or not much.  i'm not sure if UC has that luxury or not but if they have studs playing both ways, ensworth's starters will be resting and watching film on a big screen in the meantime.  

I wish UC luck in their season but I do not think this game will be close.  they will be battle tested for region play in any case.

15 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

thanks for the response.  I dont know whether they will pass or run more as im not a big ensworth guy.  my team plays them this year so, like you, i will know more soon!  

I would assume they do. Most big schools have the guys upfront and the skills players to play that type of game, where as most smaller schools don't. I like UC, but I'm also a realist. I will be watching that LA vs IMG game, hope yall give them everything they want and more!

25 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

I would assume they do. Most big schools have the guys upfront and the skills players to play that type of game, where as most smaller schools don't. I like UC, but I'm also a realist. I will be watching that LA vs IMG game, hope yall give them everything they want and more!

thanks!  it's going to be something else.  they are trying to get that new QB up to speed ASAP!

10 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

Oh yea, I forgot about him. Should be a great game! What you think about the new coach vs what yall had in Dilfer?

great question.  I really liked dilfer in a lot of ways and it would be hard to overstate how much he did for our schools atheltics.  everyone is still getting to know coach mawae but he seems like a great guy as well.   one thing I hope we can do better is to look a little more like jesus when we win especially since we are a christian school.   I personally think sportsmanship is more important than championships but I would like to think we can have both.

On 8/1/2023 at 3:40 PM, stangsby3 said:

Union City did beat USJ last year by 13. I know that don't mean anything for this year, but I think they can do it again. I like their chances of being 1-1 going into week 3.

If USJ and Union City play 10 times, I would say USJ wins about 7 of those games. It just happened that USJ didn't win the 7 times out of 10 last year. Which is more likely: USJ to score more than 6 points at home, or Union City to score fewer than 20? I think we all know the answer.

3 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If USJ and Union City play 10 times, I would say USJ wins about 7 of those games. It just happened that USJ didn't win the 7 times out of 10 last year. Which is more likely: USJ to score more than 6 points at home, or Union City to score fewer than 20? I think we all know the answer.

After this year's game then i guess you'll say UC has won 2 of their 3 wins per 10 years.   Of course, being a USJ guy, it'll all be the result of the referees.  

4 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

We shall see. Y’all had a stacked team last year and lost. It’s always a good game. We shall see but as of now our eyes on on Ensworth. See you in week 2.

I'm a UC fan but not delusional. I know that beating Ensworth is unlikely. That being said, 2A Trezevant beat them in 2015 on their way to a state championship, so the odds aren't 0.

USJ though? Not sure why some folks are writing that game off. We beat them last year, and have arguably had the better team most years going back the last 10 years or so. Should be a tossup.

Edited by LilSwo

2 hours ago, Deeper said:

After this year's game then i guess you'll say UC has won 2 of their 3 wins per 10 years.   Of course, being a USJ guy, it'll all be the result of the referees.  

I'm not a USJ guy. Kind of funny how you're already blaming the referees for a game that is 3 weeks away. However, I'm not surprised.