Bearden VS West Week 1

Dawgz4life

7 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

I don't know for sure. Just talk about why West didn't do well in their scrimmages. That would explain some of the poor performance in two scrimmages. But maybe just maybe Coach Brown might be playing possum with BHS. You never know.

I think West has what they have and theyll give it their best shot on Saturday...Look no further than the Catholic scrimmages for each team...I can see Bearden winning by the same margin Catholic beat West by.

15 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

I mean, Bearden was missing half of their team, also in the scrimmages. Still beat Catholic and Halls. 

Wonder if all the NerfGate kids I’ll be back in the starting lineup Saturday? You’d think stealing stuff from Wal*Mart would warrant a bigger punishment than sitting out a scrimmage or two, but I must remember we are talking about Beerden. I’m sure Crooked Coach Jones have the boys a stern talking to and send them back out to practice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

Wonder if all the NerfGate kids I’ll be back in the starting lineup Saturday? You’d think stealing stuff from Wal*Mart would warrant a bigger punishment than sitting out a scrimmage or two, but I must remember we are talking about Beerden. I’m sure Crooked Coach Jones have the boys a stern talking to and send them back out to practice. 

So let’s live in your crazy psycho head for a minute. If the Walmart stealing Nerf guns or whatever you think was true, there’d be more of a punishment than on a football field, and also, sitting out a bunch of 15- and 16-year-olds for 2 scrimmages is enough, and if you’re going to sit them out for the biggest game of their career, at least their high school career, something tells me that’s not flying over too good.

Now back to reality and out of your head until anything else has come out, which, by the way, nothing has. You can’t and I can’t say for certain what happened, only the select Bearden players that were with them know what happened, not to mention the other players who played for other high schools, but you like leaving them out because they’re not important, including a Catholic school. (By the way, that player who was involved in the stealing of the Nerf gun also played in both of his scrimmages.) But yes, back to what you were saying, if you punish kids for one of the biggest games in their career for an allegation that hasn’t even been proven correct yet and probably will never will be, it will shack up some 15- to 16-year-old kids forever, but maybe that’s what you want to do to ruin some kids lives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

And also, it’s pretty ironic that you talk about kids being in trouble and not being able to play in football games since y’all’s number one running back last year played against Bearden while he was being investigated for something that happened outside of school grounds and was not allowed to play? Nope, he still played.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

And also, it’s pretty ironic that you talk about kids being in trouble and not being able to play in football games since y’all’s number one running back last year played against Bearden while he was being investigated for something that happened outside of school grounds and was not allowed to play? Nope, he still played.

what are you talking about?  and btw, I've never thought Footballfan was a West guy, but who knows... I could be wrong.

39 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

and if you’re going to sit them out for the biggest game of their career, at least their high school career, something tells me that’s not flying over too good.

But yes, back to what you were saying, if you punish kids for one of the biggest games in their career for an allegation that hasn’t even been proven

I would hope this is not the biggest game or one of the biggest games of their career.  Bearden should probably be focused on their Region games, I know West is -  

• Like 1

Bearden Wins this one. West has to replaces too many dogs from last years team and Bearden has put together a great team of kids from all over the state of Tn. I see Bearden going 9-1 or 10-0 in the regular season and finally getting over that Maryville hump. The only teams i think that may beat Bearden this year is Bradley Central or Alcoa. But 9-1 or even 8-2 is still impressive with that tough schedule. 

Bearden wins this one 31-14