DB @ Farragut GAME 1

DBKPT93

1 hour ago, Roscoefootball said:

Eddie on Twitter? The man hardly even text let alone rants on social media! Once again you've showed your lack of subject matter by making stuff up. Eddie was asked a question by local media and answered it honestly as did many other local coaches. Having a kid transfer in ( that took several visits to many other schools) and going out and actively recruiting is two completely different things. Same exact thing happened this year with a QB looking for a new home. The kid Visited many schools including Farragut but made a different decision. 

I'm glad you recognize Coach Black's legacy of giving to not only the football community but the community in general. Sadly, you missed an opportunity to salute another giving,  caring individual that's impacted thousands of young men over the last 30 years as well. 

The only thing I saw was this:

https://x.com/tj3rd_/status/1680995999190228993?s=46&t=_UTteuEXX2uuzwQO_fw3ZQ

it obviously was not Holier Than Thou Eddie Courtney’s twitter/x account, but the tweet clearly states he was asked about kids transferring, not recruiting. 

It’s obvious that you’re friends with him due to you know his texting habits, so you’ll always be blinded to reality. 

Edited by FootballFan888

11 minutes ago, FootballFan888 said:

it obviously was not Holier Than Thou Eddie Courtney’s twitter/x account, but the tweet clearly states he was asked about kids transferring, not recruiting. 

It’s obvious that you’re friends with him due to you know his texting habits, so you’ll always be blinded to reality. 

11 minutes ago, FootballFan888 said:

Yes sir! Life long friends who's had 2 sons  go through the program and played for him. That fact changes nothing. Actively recruiting is breaking the tssaa rules. There's no way to spin that. Eddie along with the majority of coach's follow these rules. If you choose to live your life and support institutions who knowingly break the rules that says way more about you and what you stand for than me sticking up for a stand up guy. Now you want to talk about changing the rules so everyone is on board...I'll have that discussion. But as of right now you're on the wrong side of this issue. Good luck this season. Maybe at the end of the year you can pound your chest and talking about what a season and great job certain coaching staffs pulled off this year. 

3 hours ago, Roscoefootball said:

Yes sir! Life long friends who's had 2 sons  go through the program and played for him. That fact changes nothing. Actively recruiting is breaking the tssaa rules. There's no way to spin that. Eddie along with the majority of coach's follow these rules. If you choose to live your life and support institutions who knowingly break the rules that says way more about you and what you stand for than me sticking up for a stand up guy. Now you want to talk about changing the rules so everyone is on board...I'll have that discussion. But as of right now you're on the wrong side of this issue. Good luck this season. Maybe at the end of the year you can pound your chest and talking about what a season and great job certain coaching staffs pulled off this year. 

I don’t support changing rules or open recruitment of high school kids. If anything, I think the rules should be tighter and the enforcement much tighter. The fact is, it was very hypocritical of Coach Holier Than Thou to answer the the question about transfers, specifically in the Knoxville area, with “I don’t like it.” I bet he liked it when the kid from Billygoat Blunt transferred in and was the most productive player on his team last season. By the way that kid was recruited but not by Eddie directly. He was recruited by the secondary coach who also happens to be a track coach. 

2 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

I don’t support changing rules or open recruitment of high school kids. If anything, I think the rules should be tighter and the enforcement much tighter. The fact is, it was very hypocritical of Coach Holier Than Thou to answer the the question about transfers, specifically in the Knoxville area, with “I don’t like it.” I bet he liked it when the kid from Billygoat Blunt transferred in and was the most productive player on his team last season. By the way that kid was recruited but not by Eddie directly. He was recruited by the secondary coach who also happens to be a track coach. 

Farragut has had their share of transfers. Not all moved into FHS zone. Sometime it is just to hard to chase down all of those addresses and KUB/LCUB/Hallsdale-Powell Utility District bills.

On 8/13/2023 at 8:51 AM, noonesfool said:

I wonder if the ride will affect DB. Getting through Knoxville on a Friday is challenging, Any day for that matter.

DB football players leave several hours early on game away days. They don't take every player though. As a former DB player I will say most people were just excited to get out of class early and play football. And I graduated fairly recently(2022).

Edited by JoeyC

On 8/14/2023 at 11:31 AM, blazer1set said:

Are there not many DB & Farragut fans here anymore?     I would think this thread would be blowing up by now.

I think the difference is the Tennessee Vols are actually good now so high school football isn't as popular in East TN atm. Whereas I've noticed an uptick in Western and Middle Tn fans.

Having been part of a few programs over my long years, including a lifelong association with Farragut as a student, player, coach, and many many more roles, The transfer in and out has been happening for a loooooooong time. Even back into the 70's/80's. Is it right, no, does it happen, yes, has Farragut been the beneficiary of it, yes. 

However, for anyone on this board to come on here and refer to any coach or player for that matter, in any manner other than their given name is ridiculous and disrespectful to your own team and fan base. You have no idea what these coaches go through on a daily basis at the high school level in all sports. Fact is most could not step in and do have the job any of our high school coaches do. If you say you can and have then you should know better than to refer to Farragut's head coach by any name other than Coach Eddie Courtney. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bradtkd1 said:

Having been part of a few programs over my long years, including a lifelong association with Farragut as a student, player, coach, and many many more roles, The transfer in and out has been happening for a loooooooong time. Even back into the 70's/80's. Is it right, no, does it happen, yes, has Farragut been the beneficiary of it, yes. 

However, for anyone on this board to come on here and refer to any coach or player for that matter, in any manner other than their given name is ridiculous and disrespectful to your own team and fan base. You have no idea what these coaches go through on a daily basis at the high school level in all sports. Fact is most could not step in and do have the job any of our high school coaches do. If you say you can and have then you should know better than to refer to Farragut's head coach by any name other than Coach Eddie Courtney. 

It's not disrespectful when parents or other relatives of students who go there found out Farragut football team came(not in a good way) on a cracker and then the last person had to eat it. Might js been a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers, but that is still disgraceful.

Edited by JoeyC