DB @ Farragut GAME 1

DBKPT93

9 minutes ago, lumberjackmak said:

Shepard Kicked the DB kid when he was laying down on the ground hurt. Not a very good look

I feel there has been a few dirty moments from each side but I see a lot of good sportsmanship from each team. Db secondary couldn’t hold Farragut on the final possession. TD pass with 16 secs left 24-17 Farragut. 

I only watched the 2nd half but Farragut was the much bigger squad. Db played tough though. Few first game mistakes from each team. Seemed like each QB was fairly accurate but both teams struggled with drops. Farragut receiver made an amazing catch to seal the game.  Rome Pruitt for DB is fast and knows how to get open down field though. I hope they utilize that more. Taylor for DB is quick too but dropped a coulda been TD as did the TE in the 4th quarter. 

23 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

As usual, very savy call. 

Although I made a lucky prediction. I didn't see DB playing this poorly. I just didn't see any difference makers out there. The lines are not as advertised, below average running backs, below average QB. Kicking game is terrible, probably one good linebacker. Gonna' be a long year for DB. 

22 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Although I made a lucky prediction. I didn't see DB playing this poorly. I just didn't see any difference makers out there. The lines are not as advertised, below average running backs, below average QB. Kicking game is terrible, probably one good linebacker. Gonna' be a long year for DB. 

There are potential difference makers out there just didn’t get to see it too much tonight. Everyone knows Simpson can break one loose at anytime and Franklin is a tough runner. I think Taylor and Pruitt are the X factors. I like Begley too. 4 Carswell was definitely the standout on D but I think 11 12 and 3 played fairly well in the 2nd half at least. Hurd was in his first start at QB. I believe he’s above average or he wouldn’t be starting. I seen him drop a few passes in great spots. Can throw it 40+ accurately. Catch just wasn’t always made. DB will have a rough start to the year but I expect them to finish strong as these inexperienced kids get more reps. You are right the lines are kinda weak right now though. 

11 minutes ago, Db2017 said:

There are potential difference makers out there just didn’t get to see it too much tonight. Everyone knows Simpson can break one loose at anytime and Franklin is a tough runner. I think Taylor and Pruitt are the X factors. I like Begley too. 4 Carswell was definitely the standout on D but I think 11 12 and 3 played fairly well in the 2nd half at least. Hurd was in his first start at QB. I believe he’s above average or he wouldn’t be starting. I seen him drop a few passes in great spots. Can throw it 40+ accurately. Catch just wasn’t always made. DB will have a rough start to the year but I expect them to finish strong as these inexperienced kids get more reps. You are right the lines are kinda weak right now though. 

I didn't see any scrimmages but was told the O-line and D-line were going to be really good. They are saying that Farragut is down this year, and their lines handled DB pretty well all game. So usually, your lines are good or they're not. Rarely do you fix that during the season. They said Farragut's lines were big but so what. 

8 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I didn't see any scrimmages but was told the O-line and D-line were going to be really good. They are saying that Farragut is down this year, and their lines handled DB pretty well all game. So usually, your lines are good or they're not. Rarely do you fix that during the season. They said Farragut's lines were big but so what. 

Farragut 100% had the size advantage. Line definitely weak. Especially OLine. I think Farragut is gonna be better than expected. They have too many D-1 athletes regardless of sport. DB will smack the area around besides Science Hill as nobody ever knows what will happen in that game. Maybe West Ridge will compete better in 6A this year but you never know.

2 minutes ago, Db2017 said:

Farragut 100% had the size advantage. Line definitely weak. Especially OLine. I think Farragut is gonna be better than expected. They have too many D-1 athletes regardless of sport. DB will smack the area around besides Science Hill as nobody ever knows what will happen in that game. Maybe West Ridge will compete better in 6A this year but you never know.

How do you think DB will do against Elizabethton?

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

How do you think DB will do against Elizabethton?

I didn’t get to see them play tonight. Was it live-streamed on YouTube? I’d love to watch it back. But recent history shows Elizabethton is tougher and has had success against 6A teams aka The Hill. I forgot they play this year. I bet a good crowd turns out, as long as DB isn’t winless or anything crazy. 

8 hours ago, bradtkd1 said:

Having been part of a few programs over my long years, including a lifelong association with Farragut as a student, player, coach, and many many more roles, The transfer in and out has been happening for a loooooooong time. Even back into the 70's/80's. Is it right, no, does it happen, yes, has Farragut been the beneficiary of it, yes. 

However, for anyone on this board to come on here and refer to any coach or player for that matter, in any manner other than their given name is ridiculous and disrespectful to your own team and fan base. You have no idea what these coaches go through on a daily basis at the high school level in all sports. Fact is most could not step in and do have the job any of our high school coaches do. If you say you can and have then you should know better than to refer to Farragut's head coach by any name other than Coach Eddie Courtney. 

Lol

9 hours ago, Db2017 said:

West Ridge might be better this year than last year, however I do not see a win over the Indians or SH. 

Edited by 83SouthRebel