DB @ Farragut GAME 1

DBKPT93

6 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Yeah I would hate to be a visitor to J. Fred.  Sitting on that side would probably make me like J. Fred a lot less.  Farragut and Oak Ridge have the two best stadiums I've seen in Tennessee so far.

If DB has a losing record this year, they'll probably build a new stadium. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TriCitiesRebels said:

"Besides Science Hill as nobody ever knows what will happen in that game"

1-11? 1-12? Who can keep track at this point

DB was also the better team in 90% of those games except the win they had they were not the better team. That’s why said nobody knows what will happen.

On 8/22/2023 at 9:46 AM, Db2017 said:

Please show me a middle schooler in this area throwing 40 yard dimes. Please. Cause I’ve watched Crockett middle Robinson and sevier. It’s not there. Plus middle school uses a smaller ball. An accurate 40+ yard pass is good for high school. Plus everyone knows DB is a ground and pound team. So I was stating reasons as to why they should throw it downfield more often. Please actually respond thoughtfully and not just be a smarty pants lol. 

First of all those are some of the worst middle schools around to compare to.  And my comment was more of a joke.  I couldn’t believe that they/ you or whoever thinks that 40 yards is good at the hs level…. Most really good QBs are in the 55-60 range.   40 is in no impressive.  The kid surely can throw accurate at more than 40

6 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

First of all those are some of the worst middle schools around to compare to.  And my comment was more of a joke.  I couldn’t believe that they/ you or whoever thinks that 40 yards is good at the hs level…. Most really good QBs are in the 55-60 range.   40 is in no impressive.  The kid surely can throw accurate at more than 40

The problem is DB hasn’t and never will air it out like that. That’s all they need. And they got it. So utilize it. That’s where I’m coming from. He can most likely throw it 50-60. That doesn’t make it accurate. I watched him throw 3passes 40 plus yards in the 2nd half. 1 barely missed. 1 dropped. 1 TD. So that’s what I commented on. Greeneville has definitely had some gun slingers recently so I understand that QBs can throw that far in high school. I’ve been around and played ball my whole life. You act like 40 yards is a flick of the wrist. It takes some strength. And it’s not those kids fault their middle school programs aren’t up to par. There is plenty of talent there still. So yes I stand by saying throwing around 40+ accurately is good bc it is. Not great but good. You said most really good QBs throw 60. Who said he was really good? It was his first high school start as a senior and he was in a 3 way QB battle all off-season. So when you have a first year QB you can be happy with 40+ accurately. 

9 hours ago, Db2017 said:

DB was also the better team in 90% of those games except the win they had they were not the better team. That’s why said nobody knows what will happen.

I agree that most years DB has a better team than SH but somehow manages to lose to the Toppers.    That happens with Boone a lot of times as well, not sure why either of us cannot get more wins against SH

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I agree that most years DB has a better team than SH but somehow manages to lose to the Toppers.    That happens with Boone a lot of times as well, not sure why either of us cannot get more wins against SH

Blazer, there was a time in ancient Football that the hill could play.BUT, they found out it was a lot easier to be a piss ant to couple of teams they loath.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Db2017 said:

The problem is DB hasn’t and never will air it out like that. That’s all they need. And they got it. So utilize it. That’s where I’m coming from. He can most likely throw it 50-60. That doesn’t make it accurate. I watched him throw 3passes 40 plus yards in the 2nd half. 1 barely missed. 1 dropped. 1 TD. So that’s what I commented on. Greeneville has definitely had some gun slingers recently so I understand that QBs can throw that far in high school. I’ve been around and played ball my whole life. You act like 40 yards is a flick of the wrist. It takes some strength. And it’s not those kids fault their middle school programs aren’t up to par. There is plenty of talent there still. So yes I stand by saying throwing around 40+ accurately is good bc it is. Not great but good. You said most really good QBs throw 60. Who said he was really good? It was his first high school start as a senior and he was in a 3 way QB battle all off-season. So when you have a first year QB you can be happy with 40+ accurately. 

You wasn't around in the late 90s till about 2009 then. 

DB put multiple people into D1 and NFL.

They had one of the best passing games in the state. It was something to watch. 

9 hours ago, lumberjackmak said:

You wasn't around in the late 90s till about 2009 then. 

DB put multiple people into D1 and NFL.

They had one of the best passing games in the state. It was something to watch. 

Fair I actually wasn’t haha I graduated in 2017. The only offense I ever seen ran was triple option until my sophomore year we switched to a spread type of offense. My years 2015-17 we passed it a decent bit but still ran it down teams throats with a big OLine. You’re right though guys like Duran Ferguson were launching it. I wish I woulda got to see a lot of those guys play. I got the pleasure of watching Devaun Swafford and Malik Foreman play and that was special.