SP vs Oliver Springs ( Stone Cold vs Wizard of Oz)

Southtowner

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

By laws say athlete with athletic record has to make Bona fide change of address WITH PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.Doesnt specify age.

17 minutes ago, Geno said:

Wrong

Actually, the by laws started are correct. McKinney-Vento is a hardship (for lack of a better term) that can be applied for and the TSSAA would still need to clear it as with all other transfer eligibility issues - which I'm sure Coach Stone and Principal Hill have taken care of.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

Well one thing is for sure. Good grades and early graduation tend to indicate pretty good judgment statistically. Other than that all I say is the same thing I said when a bunch of SP folks were dragging GB through the mud (while SP was, had been and still is benefiting from the same circumstances). If something was done wrong and anyone has proof then turn it into TSSAA. If there’s no evidence of wrongdoing then shut up and move on. As for a couple of SP faithful they just get what they deserve on this matter. Unfortunately a couple of young men and a bunch of good people are going to have to endure the crap storm unjustly, just like Greenback did a couple years ago. So far y’all are getting off easy compared to what was said then. 

Edited by crow

4 hours ago, Manhole said:

Nope just think the rules should apply to everyone even if they have a D1 offer and especially if they manipulate a story to get sympathy 

I agree, if your info is correct then he definitely didn’t make a Bonafide move, I guarantee you he isn’t homeless either, who moves from Rome or Dalton to SP without a plan in place or somewhere to sleep especially without any family around?  I doubt he will be eligible because it sounds like he picked and chose where he wanted to go because he wasn’t going to be eligible. If his whole family stayed in Georgia Sounds like SP coaches and AD had to have known this and still rolled the dice, we shall see what else gets drug out of the mud, but this isn’t looking promising for the Pirates. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

30 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Actually, the by laws started are correct. McKinney-Vento is a hardship (for lack of a better term) that can be applied for and the TSSAA would still need to clear it as with all other transfer eligibility issues - which I'm sure Coach Stone and Principal Hill have taken care of.

Exactly. Which I meant you can get around the rules

25 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yep,there's more than we probably need to know!

There’s not actually. He was playing at Rome. Rome had three instances where guns were brought to school and his mom has three boys and wanted to move. The family made a bona fide move and enrolled at Calhoun. He wanted to play in Dalton where his girlfriend lives so he ran away and skipped school but he was still 17 so the police returned him home. When he turned 18 he walked out and went to live with his girlfriends family. Don’t know how he ended up in TN at SP. Not making any case about his eligibility either. My issue is him going to the newspaper and making up some hardship story bad mouthing a good mom and implying a good school paid her off.  

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I agree, if your info is correct then he definitely didn’t make a Bonafide move, I guarantee you he isn’t homeless either, who moves from Rome or Dalton to SP without a plan in place or somewhere to sleep especially without any family around?  I doubt he will be eligible because it sounds like he picked and chose where he wanted to go because he wasn’t going to be eligible. If his whole family stayed in Georgia Sounds like SP coaches and AD had to have known this and still rolled the dice, we shall see what else gets drug out of the mud, but this isn’t looking promising for the Pirates. 

I can guarantee you South Pittsburg or any Coach has any wrong doing! Truth is this young Man decided on South Pittsburg because it was on the Alabama line and He has Family in Alabama. And South Pittsburg let’s you Graduate early. Also having someone on the Team he attended a Camp with. Those were all of His decisions. But I can tell you one thing South Pittsburg and the Coachs will stand behind Him no matter what TSSAA decides to do. 

1 minute ago, Manhole said:

There’s not actually. He was playing at Rome. Rome had three instances where guns were brought to school and his mom has three boys and wanted to move. The family made a bona fide move and enrolled at Calhoun. He wanted to play in Dalton where his girlfriend lives so he ran away and skipped school but he was still 17 so the police returned him home. When he turned 18 he walked out and went to live with his girlfriends family. Don’t know how he ended up in TN at SP. Not making any case about his eligibility either. My issue is him going to the newspaper and making up some hardship story bad mouthing a good mom and implying a good school paid her off.  

Sad stuff if that is true, we were all 18 once and I made my fair share of bad decisions like I’m sure y’all did too. I just want to know how he chose SP and who made sure an 18 year old with no job can support himself and a girlfriend. 

2 minutes ago, Geno said:

I can guarantee you South Pittsburg or any Coach has any wrong doing! Truth is this young Man decided on South Pittsburg because it was on the Alabama line and He has Family in Alabama. And South Pittsburg let’s you Graduate early. Also having someone on the Team he attended a Camp with. Those were all of His decisions. But I can tell you one thing South Pittsburg and the Coachs will stand behind Him no matter what TSSAA decides to do. 

It’s just never added up and I guarantee  they have his back it’s their butts and backs too lol 

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

It’s just never added up and I guarantee  they have his back it’s their butts and backs too lol 

It adds up if you knew the whole story. South Pittsburgs butt isn’t on the line at all. He contacted them and he had been declared McKinney Vento so that makes it legal. I believe TSSAA will clear him when they get all the facts. 

I am from that area of Georgia and live in TN now and have no dog in the hunt as far as caring if he plays or doesn’t or if his addition to the SP teams means they win a championship. I followed his story when he was appealing eligibility and know that saying his mom got paid by a school is not true and that he is homeless by choice not because of any hardship other than he wasn’t going to be allowed to see a girl from Dalton or play ball.

Last I heard he lives with the girlfriend and her family on Dalton and I don’t know how he is paying his way or cell phone and whatnot. He is definitely making some immature decisions that can have life long consequences.

4 minutes ago, Manhole said:

I am from that area of Georgia and live in TN now and have no dog in the hunt as far as caring if he plays or doesn’t or if his addition to the SP teams means they win a championship. I followed his story when he was appealing eligibility and know that saying his mom got paid by a school is not true and that he is homeless by choice not because of any hardship other than he wasn’t going to be allowed to see a girl from Dalton or play ball.

Last I heard he lives with the girlfriend and her family on Dalton and I don’t know how he is paying his way or cell phone and whatnot. He is definitely making some immature decisions that can have life long consequences.

He has to live in Marion County or at least have an address in the county to even play for them so if it’s found out that he’s just saying that and living with his girlfriends parents and didn’t make a Bonafide move the Vento rule they keep implying is null and void.

Edited by TheTruthHurts22