SGC @ Milan. Thursday night.

ManOfMillions

Congrats Milan. Y'all were the better team tonight. 

I did not leave the stadium thinking that Milan was a better football team than SGC. We had 2 sure touchdown passes that were dropped. 3 stupid personal foul penalties in a crucial part of the contest that really hurt. Also, I do not know what was going on with the playing surface but my God, The line monster was alive and well tonight. Did we bring the wrong cleats? Do I need to start a gofundme to buy our boys some cleats for turf??? I happened at least 5 times tonight. our last offensive play our QB had a ton of room to run and went to cut up the field and the line monster just took his feet right out from under him. 

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE I honor my word. Longhorns it is. Please, remember I am working man and feeding you will cause me to have to work overtime! Congrats on the upset my old friend. That win could boost you guys into a great season. Good night! 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I did not leave the stadium thinking that Milan was a better football team than SGC. We had 2 sure touchdown passes that were dropped. 3 stupid personal foul penalties in a crucial part of the contest that really hurt. Also, I do not know what was going on with the playing surface but my God, The line monster was alive and well tonight. Did we bring the wrong cleats? Do I need to start a gofundme to buy our boys some cleats for turf??? I happened at least 5 times tonight. our last offensive play our QB had a ton of room to run and went to cut up the field and the line monster just took his feet right out from under him. 

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE I honor my word. Longhorns it is. Please, remember I am working man and feeding you will cause me to have to work overtime! Congrats on the upset my old friend. That win could boost you guys into a great season. Good night! 

Coach should have had them on turf everyday this week… 

8 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Are you offering the indoor practice facility at Trenton? 

I don’t have the authority. I’m just saying it’s different. I’ve seen teams do the same sgc did tonight on turf. Gibson county went to memphis few years ago and played on turf they could barely move without slipping and falling at least it seemed that way 

you know I love to see the butt dogs lose. You guys seem to have a Milan curse 

Edited by Tide21

18 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I don’t have the authority. I’m just saying it’s different. I’ve seen teams do the same sgc did tonight on turf. Gibson county went to memphis few years ago and played on turf they could barely move without slipping and falling at least it seemed that way 

you know I love to see the butt dogs lose. You guys seem to have a Milan curse 

Dang man, it is what it is. Gotta give credit where it is due. Milan won the game fair and square. We have 0 access to a turf playing field to get ready for this game. It was terrible. 

21 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Dang man, it is what it is. Gotta give credit where it is due. Milan won the game fair and square. We have 0 access to a turf playing field to get ready for this game. It was terrible. 

Average housing in your north Jackson zone is like $450K. Surely enough in your community can throw the $ together for a turf indoor facility at the least. 

• Like 1

This was an ugly game! Wasn't very impressed with either team. South Gibson had early success then just quit. Milan offensive line was knocking the Hornets off the ball. I knew what Milan was going to run about every play except for the throwback passes. That offense is not gonna fly against some teams on your schedule! And the scene under the stands as I was leaving was scary. Guess the police were out on the 4 lane writing tickets!

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

This was an ugly game! Wasn't very impressed with either team. South Gibson had early success then just quit. Milan offensive line was knocking the Hornets off the ball. I knew what Milan was going to run about every play except for the throwback passes. That offense is not gonna fly against some teams on your schedule! And the scene under the stands as I was leaving was scary. Guess the police were out on the 4 lane writing tickets!

First game of season usually equals penalties for most teams. Those usually get better in week two. Secondly your first game is against probably your biggest rival. Both these teams will improve IMO. I was just happy to actually watch a football game last night . 

11 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Your team has a lot of heart man. They will win a ton of games this year.