JEFF COUNTY at OR

catswild

This game will not make or break OR's season but I think it is important for the Wildcats to win.    Powell is coming up after this one and you don't want to start the season 0-2.     Not sure what Jeff Co has this year but I'm pulling for OR because they are 5A, and I would love to see a Boone/Oak Ridge playoff game at some point although that is very unlikely to ever happen.     So go Cats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

This game will not make or break OR's season but I think it is important for the Wildcats to win.    Powell is coming up after this one and you don't want to start the season 0-2.     Not sure what Jeff Co has this year but I'm pulling for OR because they are 5A, and I would love to see a Boone/Oak Ridge playoff game at some point although that is very unlikely to ever happen.     So go Cats!

I don't want to look ahead but I don't consider the game with Powell to be an automatic loss for OR, if that's what you meant. I do agree with you that the Jefferson County game is important

jeff County traditionally is big up front and likes to control the ball and play defense, hoping to cash in on a turnover. The key to this game may be how well their defense can cover Oak Ridge's receivers.  If they can't it will be a long night for the Patriots. For Oak Ridge, avoiding turnovers and better tackling in the secondary is a key. I understand the Patriots fared pretty well in a scrimmage against West, so the Wildcats cannot take them lightly,  I think OR wins this one 21-7.

Will be a typical first game. Team that limits turnovers and avoids special teams debacles will win. Jeff has really struggled on special teams since Riley has been there. In scrimmages, Jeff has handled Knox West and completely dismantled Davy Crockett (who is completely terrible again). OR has held their own vs Fulton and Maryville (who is way down). It will be competitive

OR takes this one 28 -13...Jefferson County will have no answer for Heyward, Rembert, or Pressley and they won't have much luck tackling Dozier. Stansberry will have a solid game but may take a few weeks to grow up and develop, but he will be a good one. Our defense is a concern overall but I still feel good about this game.