Transfers

wssm

23 minutes ago, wssm said:

Did Titus Norman transfer to Baylor as well as Max? 

Yes, that's what I have heard from someone in East Tennessee.  Something has to be done about athletes transferring into a boarding school and becoming eligible immediately as this is getting ridiculous.  I guess that Baylor is happy to just go out and buy enough talent to win a state championship.  Do the boarding school teams not gain any satisfaction in developing their own talent?  I ask the question; how many of the wrestlers in The Baylor Schools starting lineup competed for their middle school team?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbg said:

Yes, that's what I have heard from someone in East Tennessee.  Something has to be done about athletes transferring into a boarding school and becoming eligible immediately as this is getting ridiculous.  I guess that Baylor is happy to just go out and buy enough talent to win a state championship.  Do the boarding school teams not gain any satisfaction in developing their own talent?  I ask the question; how many of the wrestlers in The Baylor Schools starting lineup competed for their middle school team?

I honestly didn’t mean to start this nonsense up again. Was just looking for some info. Everyone can just go cut and paste there arguments from a couple of months ago. Sorry.

Arguments regarding this have been going on for a while but the one angle I've yet to hear is how this is good (or bad) for the athlete. All most posters seem to care about is how it impacts their team's ability to win.

I, for one, think it's a good move for the Norman kids. Baylor's schedule is one a the best in the southeast and I think they will be pushed academically & athletically to be better versions of themselves. It's a tough go for DB but likely, really good for the kids.

I look forward to seeing how they do next year! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TakedownClub said:

Arguments regarding this have been going on for a while but the one angle I've yet to hear is how this is good (or bad) for the athlete. All most posters seem to care about is how it impacts their team's ability to win.

I, for one, think it's a good move for the Norman kids. Baylor's schedule is one a the best in the southeast and I think they will be pushed academically & athletically to be better versions of themselves. It's a tough go for DB but likely, really good for the kids.

I look forward to seeing how they do next year! 

please don't take this the wrong way, but just going to Baylor isn't going to get you a quality education! I've coached kids from a lot of different schools back when I used to help, I have a kid that could have went to Baylor, I've had plenty of friends with Baylor and even McCallie children and you first have to take advantage of the education you get and that goes with ANY school! I know kids from Cleveland(not wrestlers) that are in the TVAC program and they will graduate from high school itself with a 2 year associates degree already as a high school senior. Girlfriends daughter doesn't even attend classes at Cleveland anymore because of the program and she will be at MTSU to finish her 2 years there for her BS in education and still be 19-20 years old. My son is a freshman and is in a program that will teach him how to code, how to run computer systems and by the time he graduates he will be able to step into a job(last year they had 100% job placement) OR he can go into college with pretty much an associates degree! You can go to pretty much ANY public school and get a very good education AND go to about any college you want as long as you put the time and effort in to take advantage of the education! You don't have to leave home and stay on campus as a 14-15 year old by yourself(yes I know they have house masters) but you don't have to have that to get a GREAT QUALITY education, I've seen many morons graduate from Baylor and McCallie(I work with quite a few LOL) just as I have from any school out there. The reason they usually do better is you have to usually pay very good money to send your kid there, so parents stay very involved in their child's education. I mean my oldest graduated 3 years ago from a public school, 31 ACT score and plenty of offers to go to a college he wanted to attend(Ga Tech, FSU and a plenty others).

• Upvote 1