Transfers

wssm

That's good that they can do that then.  Not gonna lie though,  kinda bummed out though.  We could have legally transferred a couple years ago.  

I've been in favor of kids going where it's best for them for a long time.  Early on in this thread even.  I just didn't understand that portion of the rule.  I thought it was any coaching connection.  (And was told so). 

We're not in a bad position by any means,  just could have been at a place with high expectations, standards and the ability to level up quicker. 

Edited by TotallynotLEO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallynotLEO said:

That's good that they can do that then.  Not gonna lie though,  kinda bummed out though.  We could have legally transferred a couple years ago.  

I've been in favor of kids going where it's best for them for a long time.  Early on in this thread even.  I just didn't understand that portion of the rule.  I thought it was any coaching connection.  (And was told so). 

We're not in a bad position by any means,  just could have been at a place with high expectations, standards and the ability to level up quicker. 

I dump on Cleveland when kids transfer in to them. But mainly becuase we always get the same "we work harder than everybody else" line instead of just admitting they lucked out in some good transfers. 

But its a low hanging fruit. I GUARANTEE you if they would just say "yep had a couple good transfers in and that helped us out this year" people would stop hating on them so much. 

17 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

I think this rule will eventually change. Prior to NIL passing there were no monetary damages with a rule like this. Now because of earning potentials in High School and definitely once an athlete goes to college, there are damages that could be quantified, all it would take is one lawsuit. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 10:58 AM, MidwestXFER said:

Back again I see, last year it was complaining about Sturgill, now it is the Norman’s! Obviously you don’t understand the rules!

Rule is cannot have competed in a TSSAA sanctioned sport year prior. So no one that competes at state should be allowed to transfer without sitting out a year. Baylor doesn’t show interest to unproven commodities-because Baylor doesn’t develop talent. The F/G argument is smoke and mirrors to distract  from the fact they are recruiting folkstyle state title winners. Make a Baylor rule-they can transfer to Baylor and get in the room and travel out of state (that’s what the parents and kid are there for) but the kid sits out state duals and individuals. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matmatics said:

Rule is cannot have competed in a TSSAA sanctioned sport year prior. So no one that competes at state should be allowed to transfer without sitting out a year. Baylor doesn’t show interest to unproven commodities-because Baylor doesn’t develop talent. The F/G argument is smoke and mirrors to distract  from the fact they are recruiting folkstyle state title winners. Make a Baylor rule-they can transfer to Baylor and get in the room and travel out of state (that’s what the parents and kid are there for) but the kid sits out state duals and individuals. 

Nice name change from Manhole to Matmatics! We get it you are a Father Ryan guy and you are pissed! Do we have to do this again this year?