Union City vs USJ

Tornado82

Union City is the favorite here. It’s tough to tell from the Ensworth game, but they’re likely better this year than last. As others have said, this year’s USJ team doesn’t have the talent of the past few years. But they have looked very sharp and disciplined so far. Very impressive considering there’s only a few players out there with any experience and all in a new system.

One thing I do like for USJ in this matchup is how physical their secondary played against Peabody. Just not sure if the passing game is in sync enough yet to put up the points you’ll need, especially in the second half as UC’s size, speed and style of play takes its toll.

The new USJ coach was previously the defensive coordinator at Ensworth, by the way. Really looking forward to this one!

6 hours ago, usjfan1345 said:

We can all agree that this USJ team is less talented than the past few years. However, it looks to me as if this new coach has them extremely disciplined, and it also seems that this team has the best chemistry that USJ has had in recent years. Despite all this, I think USJ is too young and unexperienced to be able to hang with Union City all 4 quarters. I have it being close in the first half but Union City pulling away at the end. Union City wins 27-14

I wouldn’t call hitting Peabody’s qb outside the field of play or stomping a player in the chest disciplined 

Ok UC it’s game day and it’s a hot one. Get hydrated get pumped and let’s go take care of business. Play like we know y’all can play. Hit, run, tackle and block hard and impose your will. Some doubt your that good. I know you are. Let’s get this statement win tonight. Buckle up and let’s play some football. 
GO TORNADOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!