Springfield (1-0) @ Clarksville (1-0)

Kevin38

First off congratulations to Clarksville on dominate victory in this 100th meeting . As for the Jackets gotta get back up and travel to play a very very strong Henry County team that is no doubt one of three teams who will likely finish at the top, right now I don’t see a lot difference between Henry County, Hendersonville and Beech and they will settle it when they play. As for Clarksville I pick them to finish 10-0 in regular season with little or no chance  of losing other than Hopkinsville or Dickson County a small chance at giving the Cats a loss. As for (we’ll take our ball and play Region 7 6A ) will pose a problem for Clarksville in the first round taking on Region 8 teams just ask Beech. Playing the rest of the cupcakes in Clarksville may pose a challenge in the first round for themselves facing a tough team for the first time at no fault of their own , you play who’s in front of you. The implementation of Middle School football in Montgomery will pay dividends for the schools there. Hope I’m wrong but Springfield not having a Middle School any longer and the building housing Innovation Academy with 12 kids per classroom will put SHS behind in numbers for the future in athletics, while making some in administration patting themselves on the back while turning their backs on a little cost charter school and strapping us taxpayers with a tax increase and more to come. When the rest of the classrooms are overflowing and portables brought in just think of the 12 to 17 per classroom in the former SMS. Just my thoughts which don’t count for a whole lot. 

8 minutes ago, LEON said:

First off congratulations to Clarksville on dominate victory in this 100th meeting . As for the Jackets gotta get back up and travel to play a very very strong Henry County team that is no doubt one of three teams who will likely finish at the top, right now I don’t see a lot difference between Henry County, Hendersonville and Beech and they will settle it when they play. As for Clarksville I pick them to finish 10-0 in regular season with little or no chance  of losing other than Hopkinsville or Dickson County a small chance at giving the Cats a loss. As for (we’ll take our ball and play Region 7 6A ) will pose a problem for Clarksville in the first round taking on Region 8 teams just ask Beech. Playing the rest of the cupcakes in Clarksville may pose a challenge in the first round for themselves facing a tough team for the first time at no fault of their own , you play who’s in front of you. The implementation of Middle School football in Montgomery will pay dividends for the schools there. Hope I’m wrong but Springfield not having a Middle School any longer and the building housing Innovation Academy with 12 kids per classroom will put SHS behind in numbers for the future in athletics, while making some in administration patting themselves on the back while turning their backs on a little cost charter school and strapping us taxpayers with a tax increase and more to come. When the rest of the classrooms are overflowing and portables brought in just think of the 12 to 17 per classroom in the former SMS. Just my thoughts which don’t count for a whole lot. 

I get the frustration but you have a 5A team that’s just got a tough schedule. All of your non region games are solid opponents. Beat Portland and beat Hunters lane your in. 

it may not be pretty but Springfield always will compete hard. 

the opponents you have will harden that team up  get em ready for the postseason if ya just handle business

1 minute ago, BarnBurner09 said:

I get the frustration but you have a 5A team that’s just got a tough schedule. All of your non region games are solid opponents. Beat Portland and beat Hunters lane your in. 

it may not be pretty but Springfield always will compete hard. 

the opponents you have will harden that team up  get em ready for the postseason if ya just handle business

Not reading me where did I say we wouldn’t get better, I believe we will and always get better with a young inexperienced team . I know they will bounce back but catching with what some are saying the best Clarksville team in years and then a trip to Paris will make us a better team. I picked us fourth and still do despite what Portland did to Greenbrier, we won last week and made enough mistakes to lose , we  didn’t help our cause tonight, but Clarksville had a lot to do with that. As for my other statements it is what has happened and it will affect us in numbers and participation . I know it is a concern not just with me put to those that matter within the athletics that is being played. I for one think the Jackets will improve as the season progresses and as you said Springfield will always compete hard which l believe. I expected tonight to be a tough game for us as will next week and beyond I’m not throwing the baby out with the bath water , others are doing that already.