Gallatin at Station Camp

mondo44

5 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Look, there is still a lot of things that gotta get cleaned up. Two weeks in a row that the secondary has got beat. But they are playing physical on the line.

The pressure has been placed on the young sophomore qb to score points, and he did. O line is giving him enough time to make his reads. Looks like both Gallatin & Beech got a sophomore qb that we feel comfortable with for the next 3 seasons. 

Station Camp may be 0-2, but they have a nice team. I believe they can do well in their region. The game next week vs Marshall County is a big one, as I see it being the game that decides #2 in their region. Pearl Cohn is finishing 1st.... They have just knocked out MBA & CPA in back to back weeks. But all the other games SC should be favored in except for Marshall. 

But if the Bison win next week, I think they finish 7-3. 

You hit upon a great point.  The O-line is doing their job and providing him with time and opening up some running lanes.  Like you said, still a lot to clean up but you have to like where the O-line stands right now.  D-line is playing real physical and tough too.  Still have to work on the containment but they are applying pressure.  

3 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

You hit upon a great point.  The O-line is doing their job and providing him with time and opening up some running lanes.  Like you said, still a lot to clean up but you have to like where the O-line stands right now.  D-line is playing real physical and tough too.  Still have to work on the containment but they are applying pressure.  

If we could figure out how to not have secondary break downs I think G could surprise folks. BUT....they gotta fix it quick with fast scoring MJ coming to the Yard next week with a game that could decide a pretty important spot in the region. 

53 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

This much is certain, if your gonna predict a score for a Gallatin game, you better aim high. Great for the casual fan but @GWAVE1and @thegreatone36might need an AED device this season

Maybe so, but my heart rate is a lot better in 2023 knowing we have the ability to move the ball downfield and score points! 

• Upvote 1

My thoughts on the game.. I do not believe Gallatin was more physical. If not for a couple big pass plays that game was much different. Station Camp rushed for 353 yards and Gallatin had 109. Station Camp passed for 173 and Gallatin for 248. I believe that rushing number shows who was more physical. I've heard a lot of Gallatin fans this weekend say if not for the muffed punt that game would have been way different. That game would have been way different had two onside kicks called back for SC as well as two pass interference calls all made by the same referee. Everyone in that stadium knew both of those onsides were clean, heck after the second one the ref was spotting the ball before he even threw the flag. But Station Camp still had a chance to win the game and had it gone into overtime it would have happened, but enjoy the win Gallatin. It was a great game still with a great crowd. I thought the game would never end. Station Camp will now get ready for region play in 4a, have to travel to Marshall County this week. But Pearl will be the team everyone is going to be chasing after an impressive win over CPA and MBA.

25 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

My thoughts on the game.. I do not believe Gallatin was more physical. If not for a couple big pass plays that game was much different. Station Camp rushed for 353 yards and Gallatin had 109. Station Camp passed for 173 and Gallatin for 248. I believe that rushing number shows who was more physical. I've heard a lot of Gallatin fans this weekend say if not for the muffed punt that game would have been way different. That game would have been way different had two onside kicks called back for SC as well as two pass interference calls all made by the same referee. Everyone in that stadium knew both of those onsides were clean, heck after the second one the ref was spotting the ball before he even threw the flag. But Station Camp still had a chance to win the game and had it gone into overtime it would have happened, but enjoy the win Gallatin. It was a great game still with a great crowd. I thought the game would never end. Station Camp will now get ready for region play in 4a, have to travel to Marshall County this week. But Pearl will be the team everyone is going to be chasing after an impressive win over CPA and MBA.

Well….that’s being subjective.  Physicality was definitely shown by Gallatin and the refs blew calls both ways unless you think that a 10 yard sack with a face mask results in a 25 yard gain.  The first onside never went 10 yards either.  But, it was an exciting game and SC should win some games this season.  On that particular night Gallatin was just better and made the plays they had to in order to win.  

58 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

Gallatin dropped a sure TD pass (wide open had every man beat & hit him in the hands in stride), muffed a very avoidable punt return at their own 3 yard line which gave SC 6 points, also missed all-together 6 points worth of mistakes on easy PAT's & 1 short range FG. To me, the game appeared that it could have been worse than a 3 pt win. Definitely some things to work on though. SC made plays, Gallatin made more. 

Edited by thegreatone36
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Well….that’s being subjective.  Physicality was definitely shown by Gallatin and the refs blew calls both ways unless you think that a 10 yard sack with a face mask results in a 25 yard gain.  The first onside never went 10 yards either.  But, it was an exciting game and SC should win some games this season.  On that particular night Gallatin was just better and made the plays they had to in order to win.  

We can all agree the refs were horrendous. The first onside was called offsides, the second call was the ball did not go 10 yards when the kicker recovered the ball at 11 yards. In terms of physicality, I look at numbers and SC had 169 more yards of offense. SC also had only one player cramp all night while it seemed as though Gallatin's trainer ran a marathon Friday night the amount of times Gallatin defensive players were down on the field. If you have the ability to look at the film then go look at the 3rd and 4th quarter, because Trey Perry at MJ will and he will be grinning watching how tired Gallatin players are in the second half. Only reason SC lost the game was because of turnovers. I'll give Gallatin's offense credit, they can get the job done but anyone on your schedule with a half decent offense is going to put up a lot of points on your defense.

49 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

We can all agree the refs were horrendous. The first onside was called offsides, the second call was the ball did not go 10 yards when the kicker recovered the ball at 11 yards. In terms of physicality, I look at numbers and SC had 169 more yards of offense. SC also had only one player cramp all night while it seemed as though Gallatin's trainer ran a marathon Friday night the amount of times Gallatin defensive players were down on the field. If you have the ability to look at the film then go look at the 3rd and 4th quarter, because Trey Perry at MJ will and he will be grinning watching how tired Gallatin players are in the second half. Only reason SC lost the game was because of turnovers. I'll give Gallatin's offense credit, they can get the job done but anyone on your schedule with a half decent offense is going to put up a lot of points on your defense.

Agreed that the defense has to get better, fast. They have good moments but then have break downs on 3rd & 4th down. 

47 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

Total yardage does not mean you’re more physical.  A lot of things determine that like field position.  Your fumble came as a direct cause of a contact hit, that is physicality.  That defense that is not that good held your offense to less points than Gallatin scored.  But you’re correct, SC did not have the cramps that Gallatin did.  SC platoons more than Gallatin and at times your first stringers were going against our reserves.  Perry can look at all the film he wants and I am sure he will.  MJ is picked to win the region and most think Gallatin is 3rd or 4th so be it.  Gallatin’s offense is a big problem for any opponent.  SC is going to win some games this year, how many is yet to be determined but I think they are a playoff team.