AP 1A TOP 10 AUGUST 22, 2023

Southtowner

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

GB is 4-1 all time against Gordy 

6-10 against South Pitt all time but 6-2 in playoff games.

2-1 against Whitwell all time (until fri)

So region 2 can play when we have a level field.We will give teams who have no business beating us the opportunity for now tho.Sad times in Greenback

I played in Greenback all the way back in 1987. Very good football team and went on to win it all

Does GB have anything coming up through or pro or jr high levels? Would be awesome to see them return to that caliber  

The first poll that came out last year the AP Gods had MASE as a #4 team with a 1st place vote.  This was after a 3-6 campaign the year before,  and before MASE had even played a game last year.

Anyways,  I suspect they had heard that MASE had "annexed" a shuttered school's football players and voted accordingly. 

After going 13-1 last year, while making it to the semifinals on the Western front, with most everyone returning and "annexing" another school's players,  the AP Gods for some reason had a collective brain fart.  :unsure:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Roooster said:

I played in Greenback all the way back in 1987. Very good football team and went on to win it all

Does GB have anything coming up through or pro or jr high levels? Would be awesome to see them return to that caliber  

Yes lots of good youth.

You played against me in 87,#81 Defensive End.We had a very good team that year!

11 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

When did SP become such a powerhouse? I watched some highlights of their jamboree and they don't look like they belong in Single A or AA football. 

824924D5-8897-472D-A050-3295E267A129.thumb.jpeg.52b6f900b57c0b5db11d7ef75b785a8a.jpeg

I took this picture when I made the drive to watch South Pittsburgh and Meigs play. That town definitely supports their team and the atmosphere was amazing!

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

When did SP become such a powerhouse? I watched some highlights of their jamboree and they don't look like they belong in Single A or AA football. 

SP has been in State championship 13 out of 99 years playing and semifinals 22 out of 99.  Playoffs started in 1969 and SP won the 2st A state championship. 

18 hours ago, Roooster said:

It’s not the talent levels at GB guys. It hasn’t been for the last couple of years, it’s the coaching. Pretty boy was an absolute idiot, now Don Juan the soccer mom bandit is continuing the tradition it seems. With a capable staff I’m not saying they’d be the same caliber as they were a few years back but they’d be a very good team. The jimmys and joes are mostly there for them. 

• Thanks 1