Billy B Vs. Heritage Blount County Schools championship.

7 minutes ago, GovMan said:

Gov's first 6 quarters the defense looked very stout.  Last 2 quarters, not so good.  I always cheer for WB, but this one is a hard one to pick, based on the performances of the two teams last year when they played.  Have not seen Heritage this season, but the Gov's have looked like a completely different team against two less-than-sterling opponents.  I believe the difference will be WB's quarterback.  In my opinion, he'll be the best player on the field Friday night.

I have to disagree on the best player on the field.

#1 for A&M is probably that guy, but they don’t have much more than him. 
Kline & Cortez are both playmakers. 
Alnwick just can not relax on defense against A&M, if they get the upper hand early. 
No lead will be safe. 

On 8/29/2023 at 11:34 AM, BigTime1950 said:

WB playing defense. They gave up 27 points to Karns who was shut out vs HVA? l know most points cam in the 2nd half vs Karns, but they still gave up four TDs. 

The Govs were up 35-7 before giving up a few scores late. Last Friday was extremely hot and we don't have much depth and that was probably a factor in that. In other words, they were gassed. And it's hard to keep playing as focused when you are up by 28 points. 

On 8/26/2023 at 10:01 PM, GovForce1 said:

When you look at the history of this series, when WB is up (relatively speaking) as a program we always beat Heritage. The bell will be coming back home to Alnwick this Friday night. 

Called it. And I never doubted that we would make the plays to win at the end.