Billy B Vs. Heritage Blount County Schools championship.

6 hours ago, rebeldevil said:

Anyone who thinks this guy can build a program is sadly mistaken. The way he acted after the game sprinting to Coach Reeves and then the field house shows this guys class. Guarantee if HHS had one he would have been hanging out taking all the pats in the back. 

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

After last years win to Sevier County it's like Heritage has regressed and trying it's best to return to their natural habitat…Right now if things follow through one more win may be the best they can possibly do and not sure why this team isn't responding.

Last year HHS regressed late in the season and they seem to have regressed from last year. I’ve heard his me first, poor sport, win at all costs, volatile personality is wearing on people. He came in with a lot of hype, making a lot of promises but has proven to be just an average high school school coach (but without the character of most of his peers in the area.) Now that the Pruitt investigation is closed and he wasn’t implicated and subject to any penalties, I look for him to move on after this season. His ego is too big to be the head coach at Heritage long term. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, camppack said:

Last year HHS regressed late in the season and they seem to have regressed from last year. I’ve heard his me first, poor sport, win at all costs, volatile personality is wearing on people. He came in with a lot of hype, making a lot of promises but has proven to be just an average high school school coach (but without the character of most of his peers in the area.) Now that the Pruitt investigation is closed and he wasn’t implicated and subject to any penalties, I look for him to move on after this season. His ego is too big to be the head coach at Heritage long term. 

Didn't Know what was going on out there. I would really hate to see that program go backwards again. 

On 9/2/2023 at 7:52 AM, dontstopbelieving said:

I've gotta give credit to Reeves and WB. The difference between last year and this year is night and day. WB must have had well over 100 yards in penalties, and Heritage got bailed out on a couple of no call pass interferences. But the biggest penalty of the game was 12 men on the field for an extra point try which allowed WB to go for the 2 point conversion. I thought Osovet worked under Pruitt.... but apparently it was Dooley. Now I understand he's a Yankee and a chronic cusser... but sprinting to shake the coaches hands then sprinting off the field to the field house and slamming the door. That's a little over the top. 

I heard he tapped the hands of a few coaches and then a rather large WB coach grabbed his hand an held on. He said something to the effect of "let go of my f@#$%&!) hand" . The WB coach said something to the effect of "I will when you shake hands like a man". The some more of f@#$%&!) f@#$%&!) was said, and he ran off... Allegedly

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I heard he tapped the hands of a few coaches and then a rather large WB coach grabbed his hand an held on. He said something to the effect of "let go of my f@#$%&!) hand" . The WB coach said something to the effect of "I will when you shake hands like a man". The some more of f@#$%&!) f@#$%&!) was said, and he ran off... Allegedly

Wouldn’t surprise me from either person allegedly involved in this interaction. There is a fairly positive, respectful community of coaches in Blount County (many who played and/or coached together in the past. ) Osovet’s in your face, NY, JUCO attitude doesn’t quite fit in around these parts.

• Like 1

As a high school football fan, I came on the T a while back,  as suggested by a friend, to learn insights abt all the high school teams and their strengths/weaknesses, schematics, strategies, players, weekly game analysis, growth & development of players, etc. 

There IS a little bit of that on here, along w/some good FB history, which I surely do enjoy. But it seems like this is more often a “gossip fence” than anything else (you’ll have to be old enough to remember Elviney & Loweezy in the funny papers of Snuffy Smith to get the reference), w/more talk & more here-say abt how a cussing coach shakes hands after a game, or abt another coach’s affair w/ his babysitter, finger pointing abt recruiting, NIL junk (thanks to the dorks at TSSAA) , etc. 

That BS stuff seems to dominate over legit discussion of high school football games & developmental program talk.   Probably understandable bc it’s easier fodder, but much of the salty stuff posted on here reminds me more of a bunch of petty women at the nail & hair salon that don’t know or have anything better to talk abt than what they’ve overheard somebody else say, than a genuine football message board where ppl actually know the players & watch/analyze the darn game. Just sayin. Not much legit discussion of last week’s actual game analysis on here. 

For ex, I’d love to hear Barney’s take on specifically how & why he thinks HHS has “regressed” (I respect Barney bc I think he actually watches the game recordings later & has his finger on the pulse of ETN HS FB as much as any fan could). I don’t disagree w/ him, but likewise HHS is starting sev sophomores in positions once held by graduated seniors. A center at only 205 lbs, WR, DB, etc. Also there are several HHS players on the starting roster who have NEVER PLAYED high school football, but are still loading up on stats. So is that truly a regression of the overall program or perhaps just a young team that’s largely underdeveloped & inexperienced?  I also think WB’s QB was somewhat underestimated, yet at the same time the HHS DEs who kicked absolute A** at S Doyle, played more reserved (IMO) and (maybe) weren’t “given their head” to attack & blitz, to be most effective (?). The HHS D looked like a completely different team (worse) than previous week at SDoyle. And one of the starting LBs, who missed the SD game, was actually back for the WB game, which should have made a big difference, but it didn’t. Was WB’s O line that big of a difference maker?  

WB won by one point, largely due to a 2 pt conversion, that an undisciplined & young HHS team fed them right up on a silver platter, on a penalty. WB capitalized, as they should have. It was a great game to watch, right up until the end. BOTH county teams are for once in a very long time, genuinely COMPETING. I think that’s GOOD STUFF, and congrats to WB on a good win. 

But does all this mean HHS has completely regressed as a team & as a program? 

All questions are RHETORICAL, of course, bc I doubt many on here actually know anything abt the players on either of these teams or even watched this game, much less have direct insights into either program (unless you’re a parent of a player or you’re a former player.) Most of ya’ll understandably watch/follow & know more abt the players & programs of the “big” 5&6A teams, and just rely on “beauty shop talk” vs real game & player analysis to form opinions & comments here. It’s just all “I’ve heard’s” or “somebody told me’s” at work, or a “friend of a friend” said, etc.

Understandable, bc neither WB or HHS programs have swung a big stick in a long time, but it’s nonetheless kinda disappointing too, that the talk is all abt the cussin Coach Oz or Reeves finally getting a win, vs actual & future game/ program analysis. 

Everybody gives a little lip service to “wanting these teams/programs to do better.” (“Bless their hearts.”) Until one doesn’t in game 3, in their 2nd dang year of a rebuild, which was left in an absolute crap show by the previous HC, and w/mostly young inexperienced players this yr, which no one even knows anything abt. 

Perspective & insights on such things matter, for legit reflection & analysis of these teams, and that’s sorely lacking, here on the T. But I guarantee everyone is taking the temp of their pee & their poop, and reporting abt THAT dumb stuff on here. And there is some fun to be had w/that too. Just wish it wasn’t just ALL abt that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fair enough FT. Other than barn, you won’t find much football expertise on here unless we are running a wishbone or six man front. Lower your expectations. There is a little good mixed in with all the BS, you just have to search for it. For example, I didn’t know until a few years ago that murvil includes 40 times on their applications for tuition students. Hard to believe I know.

As for this particular thread, these two programs have been awful for so long that not many people really give a flip. Many of us in the county always hope they are competitive so we have a few more good games to watch, but they rarely are. Heck, WB even quit playing the other county teams. I did hear it was a competitive game that was given away by undisciplined penalties by f’n hairtage. Same old same old that honestly gets old to discuss. 
Relax and enjoy the BS, maybe you will find a laugh somewhere within it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, strongx said:

As for this particular thread, these two programs have been awful for so long that not many people really give a flip. Many of us in the county always hope they are competitive so we have a few more good games to watch, but they rarely are. Heck, WB even quit playing the other county teams. I did hear it was a competitive game that was given away by undisciplined penalties by f’n hairtage. Same old same old that honestly gets old to discuss. 
Relax and enjoy the BS, maybe you will find a laugh somewhere within it.

Who are these teams? Never heard of them?  :popcorneater:

Edited by BCsportsfan

Farm Team I realize now how much it hurt the Heritage program losing certain players from last year and some of the youth movement. I did not realize a few starters haven't played football before which is a major learning experience. Two years ago they had a great middle school season which are now those sophomores. Coach Oz has done a great job in the weight room for sure because the barber is always telling me he cuts a lot of them boy's hair and how much you can tell the difference. If I say something on here that goes down the wrong way with any of the teams in Blount County it's partially to make them mad and get fired up. I do follow Maryville because I went there and did play football many moons ago and I don't cut them any slack on here and it's for their own good. I know as many families that have kids at each school in this county and I certainly want everyone of them to win. I absolutly don't want anything but the best for Heritage. I have often wondered if the Eagleton program  could possibly have an effect on Heritage but no one wants to talk about it on here. The TSSAA has this classification system so screwed up which is why I have Barney's Favorites every week just to prove how predictable things are and has a big reason after game five that the crowds quit showing up. No one wants to go see a movie if they know what is going to happen in the end and the same with football. Enrollment don't tell the whole story.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FarmTeam said:

As a high school football fan, I came on the T a while back,  as suggested by a friend, to learn insights abt all the high school teams and their strengths/weaknesses, schematics, strategies, players, weekly game analysis, growth & development of players, etc. 

There IS a little bit of that on here, along w/some good FB history, which I surely do enjoy. But it seems like this is more often a “gossip fence” than anything else (you’ll have to be old enough to remember Elviney & Loweezy in the funny papers of Snuffy Smith to get the reference), w/more talk & more here-say abt how a cussing coach shakes hands after a game, or abt another coach’s affair w/ his babysitter, finger pointing abt recruiting, NIL junk (thanks to the dorks at TSSAA) , etc. 

That BS stuff seems to dominate over legit discussion of high school football games & developmental program talk.   Probably understandable bc it’s easier fodder, but much of the salty stuff posted on here reminds me more of a bunch of petty women at the nail & hair salon that don’t know or have anything better to talk abt than what they’ve overheard somebody else say, than a genuine football message board where ppl actually know the players & watch/analyze the darn game. Just sayin. Not much legit discussion of last week’s actual game analysis on here. 

For ex, I’d love to hear Barney’s take on specifically how & why he thinks HHS has “regressed” (I respect Barney bc I think he actually watches the game recordings later & has his finger on the pulse of ETN HS FB as much as any fan could). I don’t disagree w/ him, but likewise HHS is starting sev sophomores in positions once held by graduated seniors. A center at only 205 lbs, WR, DB, etc. Also there are several HHS players on the starting roster who have NEVER PLAYED high school football, but are still loading up on stats. So is that truly a regression of the overall program or perhaps just a young team that’s largely underdeveloped & inexperienced?  I also think WB’s QB was somewhat underestimated, yet at the same time the HHS DEs who kicked absolute A** at S Doyle, played more reserved (IMO) and (maybe) weren’t “given their head” to attack & blitz, to be most effective (?). The HHS D looked like a completely different team (worse) than previous week at SDoyle. And one of the starting LBs, who missed the SD game, was actually back for the WB game, which should have made a big difference, but it didn’t. Was WB’s O line that big of a difference maker?  

WB won by one point, largely due to a 2 pt conversion, that an undisciplined & young HHS team fed them right up on a silver platter, on a penalty. WB capitalized, as they should have. It was a great game to watch, right up until the end. BOTH county teams are for once in a very long time, genuinely COMPETING. I think that’s GOOD STUFF, and congrats to WB on a good win. 

But does all this mean HHS has completely regressed as a team & as a program? 

All questions are RHETORICAL, of course, bc I doubt many on here actually know anything abt the players on either of these teams or even watched this game, much less have direct insights into either program (unless you’re a parent of a player or you’re a former player.) Most of ya’ll understandably watch/follow & know more abt the players & programs of the “big” 5&6A teams, and just rely on “beauty shop talk” vs real game & player analysis to form opinions & comments here. It’s just all “I’ve heard’s” or “somebody told me’s” at work, or a “friend of a friend” said, etc.

Understandable, bc neither WB or HHS programs have swung a big stick in a long time, but it’s nonetheless kinda disappointing too, that the talk is all abt the cussin Coach Oz or Reeves finally getting a win, vs actual & future game/ program analysis. 

Everybody gives a little lip service to “wanting these teams/programs to do better.” (“Bless their hearts.”) Until one doesn’t in game 3, in their 2nd dang year of a rebuild, which was left in an absolute crap show by the previous HC, and w/mostly young inexperienced players this yr, which no one even knows anything abt. 

Perspective & insights on such things matter, for legit reflection & analysis of these teams, and that’s sorely lacking, here on the T. But I guarantee everyone is taking the temp of their pee & their poop, and reporting abt THAT dumb stuff on here. And there is some fun to be had w/that too. Just wish it wasn’t just ALL abt that. 

FT I think both teams are actually very similar in rosters. WB started two sophomores on the D Line. The young man with the TD catches....first year player. The WR starting opposite him....first year player. The two teams are very comparable to roster design. And separated by 1 point.....I think the biggest issue is Coach O....time for college football