Powell @ The Ridge - Rivalry Thursday

SweetScience

2 minutes ago, bounder said:

I heard it was the lack of Cummings having a schedule it ended up this way. They even tried to get Oakland for that open date last week.  Couldn't work nothin out with DB. It was a mess.

haha because they don't work out schedules two years in advance.  This schedule would be the AD's responsibility in a coach transition.  So I don't doubt that's what you heard.  Easier to blame the guy that's gone and can't defend himself.

Edited by ILB1999

I’ve never seen an OR practice, but I have seen OR in person and and on HUDL the last couple of years. They were not always fundamentally sound. Talking about fundamental Football is often a cliche’, BUT you can tell, Rang preaches it, teaches it and practices fundamentals. Congratulations on your season’s success at this point.

21 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I’ve never seen an OR practice, but I have seen OR in person and and on HUDL the last couple of years. They were not always fundamentally sound. Talking about fundamental Football is often a cliche’, BUT you can tell, Rang preaches it, teaches it and practices fundamentals. Congratulations on your season’s success at this point.

He played in the Maryville system, so he knows all about fundamentals. Thank you, btw.

59 minutes ago, bounder said:

Let's just say Stuff happened and the schedule wasn't completed. And leave it at that! 

The schedule is never completed.  You're the one brought up a former coach like he did something wrong.  After what that school did to him, no one should ever mention his name again let alone badmouth him.

1 hour ago, bounder said:

I heard it was the lack of Cummings having a schedule it ended up this way. They even tried to get Oakland for that open date last week.  Couldn't work nothin out with DB. It was a mess.

It's a shame it couldn't happen. Getting OR back on the schedule would have been a. Probably could have gotten Creasy to agree to both games at Blankenship

8 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

somehow, I doubt this was Cummings' schedule.  schedules are usually made in the spring.

It wasn't Rang's doing, he has commented on how weird it is. Maybe it was thrown together after Cummings was fired??

We usually play DB and ended up having to schedule Concord Christian. I love the DB rivalry myself.

32 minutes ago, ipb7 said:

It wasn't Rang's doing, he has commented on how weird it is. Maybe it was thrown together after Cummings was fired??

We usually play DB and ended up having to schedule Concord Christian. I love the DB rivalry myself.

I like the rivalry, but the drive is for the birds, especially if you have to work on Saturday. There are much better games and gates to be had in the Knoxville area. Alcoa, Maryville, AC, etc. We would probably lose to the latter 2, at least right now, but it could only make us better.