Powell @ The Ridge - Rivalry Thursday

SweetScience

1 hour ago, boyfromsi said:

I would agree, we still have a lot to prove even though we played pretty well against Jeff Co.  This is more of a measuring stick kind of game as far as to where we stand in 5A.  I would think that Powell will come in here pretty motivated after letting one get away last week.  I think points are going to be pretty hard to come by, 21-14 Oak Ridge.

Yes, OR will have troubles moving the ball on their defense, no doubt. I just hope OR D can keep them in the game, and I think they’ll give OR a chance to win. Hopefully the Cats do.

Edited by SweetScience

20 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yes, OR will have troubles moving the ball on their defense, no doubt. I just hope OR D can keep them in the game, and I think they’ll give OR a chance to win. Hopefully the Cats do.

Article I read said Fairygut had 250+ yards running.  Surely Ole Coach Test Proctor can dial up some toss sweep. 

10 minutes ago, FootballFan888 said:

Article I read said Fairygut had 250+ yards running.  Surely Ole Coach Test Proctor can dial up some toss sweep. 

Interesting. Farragut usually has a big, physical OL though. I don’t think we’ll be able to run the ball nearly as well, but we will see. Our line is going to be good, but it’s very young and green. Also, Jeff Co might be a bit better than I thought they were. We will see.

On 8/27/2023 at 9:45 PM, osunut2 said:

Not sure how I feel about this one, although I think I felt the same way prior to the game against Farragut last week. The team that made the fewest mistakes ultimately won, and I have a feeling the same will be true again this week.

Rodgers is already banged up 2 games into the season, so Lowe is going to have to be careful how much he lets his sophomore QB run the football; I've really been impressed by Rodgers ability to carry out the read-option so well, especially for a kid his age. Powell really needs some WRs to step up on offense, just to take some pressure off of their running game. They've been rotating 3-4 RBs, but outside of Stooksbury (and Wheeler), they haven't really had anyone standout catching the football. Everyone knows what this team lost at WR, but those same kids were also pretty good blockers as well, and that has been a problem for the young Panther wide-outs so far.

Defensively, they held their own against two solid opponents so far, but they are susceptible to getting run over by big offensive lines (like AC and Farragut). I don't think OR poses the same threat up front, but neither AC nor Farragut had the skill position talent that OR has.

If OR can bottle up Wheeler, I think they can win this game comfortably.

Wheeler is banged up already and will be until he gets some rest. This is a big game in regards to putting last weeks lose behind them or is it still lingering around. They had Farragut down early easily with a chance to put them away and allowed Farragut to hang around and get beat. 

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Jesse Smithey likes Oak Ridge by 10.  I'm not sure I like Oak Ridge by that much, but I do like them primarily because of the home field. Powell didn't react very well on the road last week. 

Derek Rang is the real deal, by the way.  

I don't recall you ever doing anything but supporting anyone ever associated with Powell and here you are again.   #Consistency