Powell @ The Ridge - Rivalry Thursday

SweetScience

1 hour ago, ILB1999 said:

I just read in the Star Sports news that Oak ridge is better than greeneville, west, webb, bearden, farragut and powell.  Based on that alone, I'd say the ridge got this one rapped up.

Yeah, that’s about stupid. Every team has played 2 games at most. It’s pretty much impossible to gauge anything like that at this point in time. I just wanna be competitive right now, and hopefully ring off a few victories where we aren’t supposed to.

Edited by SweetScience

On 8/27/2023 at 10:44 AM, FootballFan888 said:

Choke Ridge lives up to the name in this one. The Kittens from PAL win in a close one. The Test Proctor goes against Coach Soccer Slide, should be interesting. 

Coach Test Proctor versus Coach Soccer Slide, I like it

26 minutes ago, wompuscat said:

Oak Ridge wins this one. 

Powell has started to look like the Powell of old now that their RC has moved on to Bearden.

I wouldn’t say that, they’re still a very formidable opponent. Powell has traditionally had a good football program, barring a few years here and there. To me, OR has a lot more to prove before I start making any kind of bold predictions like some on here have. One win against Jeff Co doesn’t prove much to me. Granted, we did look a lot more impressive doing it than we have in recent years.

Edited by SweetScience

I would agree, we still have a lot to prove even though we played pretty well against Jeff Co.  This is more of a measuring stick kind of game as far as to where we stand in 5A.  I would think that Powell will come in here pretty motivated after letting one get away last week.  I think points are going to be pretty hard to come by, 21-14 Oak Ridge.