BA has some issues …..

QuickStrike

Utterly embarrassing.  Knew there were issues week 1, but this off the rails.   

Best football job in the state, and only our headmaster could mess this up.    You have to be completely incompetent to mess up this football program.   

Masters needs to put his house on the market.   Cody White looks like a genius.  This is bad. 

Edited by QuickStrike

31 minutes ago, JRB said:

What has changed with Masters?  He has been HM since 2000.

What I am about to say comes from personal knowledge after being in the loop about what goes on at BA for over a decade now. Masters started changing around the 2013-2015 time frame, and this is reflected If you look back the pipeline of good players coming to BA in the middle school ranks. BA's teams during Cody's tenure after their last title in 2018 all progressively got worse talent wise. During this time starting around 2015 Masters began to worry about the public image of the school instead of upholding what traditionally made the school a great place. I know of several examples of instances of him going over the top with disciplinary actions on students, many of them even football players, all while being hypocritical and preaching about how BA is one big family and is a forgiving "christian" school. Stuff like this is why students and alumni staff started to leave BA in droves. For all of this to be fixed Masters has to leave. Him growing up in the middle of nowhere in the jungle as a missionaries kid gave him a very very skewed perspective of the world and this is one of the main reasons he has a hard time relating to many of the people at BA. Every single other D2 program during these last few years have expanded and BA has remained stagnant all while raising tuition. There are several fundamental problems at BA, but at the end of the day Masters is the cause of all of them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 6one5 said:

What I am about to say comes from personal knowledge after being in the loop about what goes on at BA for over a decade now. Masters started changing around the 2013-2015 time frame, and this is reflected If you look back the pipeline of good players coming to BA in the middle school ranks. BA's teams during Cody's tenure after their last title in 2018 all progressively got worse talent wise. During this time starting around 2015 Masters began to worry about the public image of the school instead of upholding what traditionally made the school a great place. I know of several examples of instances of him going over the top with disciplinary actions on students, many of them even football players, all while being hypocritical and preaching about how BA is one big family and is a forgiving "christian" school. Stuff like this is why students and alumni staff started to leave BA in droves. For all of this to be fixed Masters has to leave. Him growing up in the middle of nowhere in the jungle as a missionaries kid gave him a very very skewed perspective of the world and this is one of the main reasons he has a hard time relating to many of the people at BA. Every single other D2 program during these last few years have expanded and BA has remained stagnant all while raising tuition. There are several fundamental problems at BA, but at the end of the day Masters is the cause of all of them

All of what you are saying was preventable. The arrogance of Masters and Mathews to not seek input on the new coaching hire has backfired. They refused to listen to former players, alumni, parents, and community members and they hired a cocky inexperienced assistant coach who they could control. 

This hire proves that just because you played in the NFL Does not mean you know how to hire a football coach (just like playing in the NFL does not correlate to head coaching - ask Lipscomb). 

BA needs a unifier at the top job, AD, and head football coach  They have zero of that now. It is salvageable but serious decisions need to be made. BA does not have Frists and Ingrams as donors but money is sitting out there.  Believe me when I say that that money will stay on the sideline under the current set up of leadership.  

Masters cares about robotics, outdoor chapels , and new parking spaces. The sad thing is that all of those things were possible (and much more) if they just listened. The world has changed in the private school landscape especially in Nashville. They just don’t get it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 6one5 said:

Being a complete outsider I am going to say that you are correct about Masters.  However, I am going to say that the Board of Trust has allowed Masters to do all of this over the years and due to that fact you need a completely new Board of Trust.  That board should be filled with BA alumni and no one with children or grandchildren should be allowed to serve on the board.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Any of you BA connected people know how #60 is doing? It was scary when he went down and had to be ambulanced off the field. 

BT28 - saw a Tweet from the young man this morning. He indicated he will be back on the field in 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 6one5 said:

sounds as if he has succombed or fallin to the fear of attack from the wokeness and far reachin tenicles of the rainbow

Booger just sayin :twisted:

7 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Any of you BA connected people know how #60 is doing? It was scary when he went down and had to be ambulanced off the field. 

i want to thank everyone for the the amount of love and prayers that were sent to my family and i! the Lord works miracles, and the CT scan showed no damage to the head or neck!!! i am ok, and i should be able to play our next game in 2 weeks!!! thank you Jesus.

From his twitter account

Edited by IrishBBall