Upperman vs Macon Co

crow6424

2 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Bottom line, if you win, jealousy will follow from competitors. Also, if you win, kids will seek out and play for your program.  When Shoulders was at RBS and winning, Lafayette wasn't,  some Lafayette kids played at RBS. When the stud qb from Hermitage Springs/RBS chose his school, he came to Macon HS not Clay Co or RBS. It's part of it. No one in Macon was belly aching and talking about fairness when he was running up and down the field. 

Macon hasn't been stable in coaching until recently. That's why they have improved. Lots of politics and daddy ball in the past.  And now Macon gets most, not all, but most of the good athletes to play football. There total numbers are still low for 4a, depth is always an issue, but the program keeps improving.  It lessens your team when you always belly ache about so called advantages others have. 

Amazing the amount of ppl that don't know a bunch of school systems in TN are open zoned 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I believe if he's anywhere near 100%, we could see the re-emergence of Rollins.  For two years he was the best play maker in their region; only one better in the area was Dowell at Sparta. Since his injury last year, he's not been in the conversation.  If he's recovered enough, we could see JRoll 2.0

Edited by VictoryFormation

6 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

I believe if he's anywhere near 100%, we could see the re-emergence of Rollins.  For two years he was the best paly maker in their region; only one better in the area was Dowell at Sparta. Since his injury last year, he's not been in the conversation.  If he's recovered enough, we could see JRoll 2.0

When healthy, he is one of the best RBs in the class. He tormented Macon two years ago with his speed. 

Edited by crow6424

:popcorneater: My , what an entertaining thread.    

upperman wins this game.  They are the class of the district right now.  

Like or not, upperman is not baxter high school.   And really CHS is no longer cookeville high school.    As someone pointed out, if it was it would be the largest school in the state with nearly 3K kids instead of top 10 with only 2200-2300.   

The kids that "used to" or "should be" or "could be" going to CHS are few, but make no mistake, they make a difference to sports teams that compete in 4A.  Add them to a good coaching staff and a community that gets behind their teams and it makes for a powerhouse.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alumn89 said:

:popcorneater: My , what an entertaining thread.    

upperman wins this game.  They are the class of the district right now.  

Like or not, upperman is not baxter high school.   And really CHS is no longer cookeville high school.    As someone pointed out, if it was it would be the largest school in the state with nearly 3K kids instead of top 10 with only 2200-2300.   

The kids that "used to" or "should be" or "could be" going to CHS are few, but make no mistake, they make a difference to sports teams that compete in 4A.  Add them to a good coaching staff and a community that gets behind their teams and it makes for a powerhouse.  

Are you going to Sparta, 89?  Would like to hear your thoughts on the Warriors if you do.

15 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

Are you going to Sparta, 89?  Would like to hear your thoughts on the Warriors if you do.

I'm not, unfortunately . I'm getting to old to try and find a seat on the visitors side and I just can't bring myself to sit on the home side, ha.      Plus, the UCR guys have made it too easy for me to watch the games now so I'll just sit back in my recliner. 

I respect what sparta has going on.  I know its a "new" coach but it sure seems like he's picked up, culture wise, where it was left off. QB is a dog.   I think the obvious thing CHS has to do is try to make them beat us through the air (and i'm sure he can throw it around some).     Sparta's Defense is salty too.    I'm interested to see if the Cavs can move the ball on the ground. 

That said, I still think its upperman looking down at everyone else.  Maybe Macon co can shock us tonight, we'll see. 

On 8/31/2023 at 9:16 AM, MidTennFootball said:

Amazing the amount of ppl that don't know a bunch of school systems in TN are open zoned 

This is democrat logic!

WHEN you can get players from one of the biggest cities in the state it is a huge,huge advantage know matter how ya slice it.

It's kinda like mail in ballots for other schools that don't have big cities in their county!

Please tell me you see an advantage from getting players from red springs verses cookeville!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, mofojoe said:

This is democrat logic!

WHEN you can get players from one of the biggest cities in the state it is a huge,huge advantage know matter how ya slice it.

It's kinda like mail in ballots for other schools that don't have big cities in their county!

Please tell me you see an advantage from getting players from red springs verses cookeville!

I said nothing about who it benefits, just pointing that most school systems have open zoning so pounding the podium about who's zoned where is irrelevant