D2 week 3

theawesomebro

42 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

You know, I have tried to be respectful to ya'll on this thread.  Instead of responding in a respectful manner, you choose to respond with snide little comments. We should be able to come here and have a civil discussion about a game. It's even ok that we have differing opinions on certain aspects of said game. I can  see some validity in some points you brought up. Wish it could be returned in kind. I prefer those type discussions.

I hope your injured players recover quickly. One in particular showed much heart and courage with his play considering his injury. I respect that.

Good day.

Better luck next year hoping the bruins will make it 10 straight after next year.

On 9/2/2023 at 3:28 AM, ReitzFan said:

Of course there were missed calls on both sides. For the most part, I thought the game was well officiated. My only grip was when a USJ tackler ripped one of our kids helmets off in front of the USJ bench. TCA was flagged on the same play for a hold and USJ was not. Should of been off setting penalties. There was no question when looking at the replay in the booth but still missed by the stripes. You listed some "ifs" that had USJ accomplished those things it would of been a 3-4 score USJ win. Well let's  look at a few of the other "ifs". We can both agree that if USJ does not hold TCA on 4th down late in 2nd inside the 5, TCA scores and its a tie game. Then, after holding y'all on downs, we move down field and score. Even with the missed xpt, TCA would of lead at the half. "if" we don't fumble on the 30 earlier in the qtr after a huge reception, it's likely we would have scored as TCA was moving down the field easily on a drive. Those two "ifs" go the way of TCA, we go into the half with a 2 score lead instead of being down by a point. "If" TCA does not jump off sides on 4th down when you were going to punt, your third score does not happen and we still lead. Assuming the rest of the second half plays out like it did, then TCA would have won the game. Neither your "ifs" or mine happened and the game ended the way it did. In HS football, "ifs" are played out in forums by washed up folks like you and I. USJ executed their game plan well for the most part, your offensive line opened up holes for your RB to get 200+ yards.  Y'alls  defensive scheme holds our back to only 82 yards on the night.

In my opinion, TCA was their own worse enemy with all the missed tackles on the night along with not punching in a score inside the 5. Throw in a turnover deep inside Bruin territory on a drive where we might have scored.... You see where Im going with this. The bottom line is that you won by what you did. If our "ifs" go our way, we win the game but that didn't happen. Sadly, "ifs" dont count for you or I. By the way, you may have been right about the KO return. He gave the "appearance" of the knee touching the ground but the replay was not conclusive. Ref was close and didnt make the call you desired so I assume the ref who had a better  angle and was closer got it right. Appearances can be deceiving but I can see your point. 

I give you guys credit, you played better than I thought you would. Y'all  have certainty earned the right to be 3-0.

I back you on this! I was at the game and i witnessed a well fought game by both teams! I will be the first to say that i have stated the "ifs" of a ballgame but the reality is, if someone (me included) wants to state the "ifs" then they need to do so for both teams. Trinity had plenty of "ifs" as well. 

On paper and visually, the Bruins should have won by more. They didn't. This was a great ball game! 

5 hours ago, Dp81 said:

I back you on this! I was at the game and i witnessed a well fought game by both teams! I will be the first to say that i have stated the "ifs" of a ballgame but the reality is, if someone (me included) wants to state the "ifs" then they need to do so for both teams. Trinity had plenty of "ifs" as well. 

On paper and visually, the Bruins should have won by more. They didn't. This was a great ball game! 

Appreciate your thoughts on the subject. You are correct with your thinking. It is what it is though. Time to move on to a really important (region) game on Friday. That has to be the only focus.  Come to the press box and say hello at the next home game. Have a blessed weekend.

18 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Appreciate your thoughts on the subject. You are correct with your thinking. It is what it is though. Time to move on to a really important (region) game on Friday. That has to be the only focus.  Come to the press box and say hello at the next home game. Have a blessed weekend.

Thanks!! Will do! 

19 minutes ago, Jtown37080 said:

Patience grasshopper, he’s going to transfer. Schools are being looked at. Worst kept secret in Middle Tn.

That rumor has being going around since right before the season. Not sure how he would transfer and be eligible though? The kid is an absolute stud though and by all accounts is a good person. I wish him all the best regardless of what he does. 

47 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

That rumor has being going around since right before the season. Not sure how he would transfer and be eligible though? The kid is an absolute stud though and by all accounts is a good person. I wish him all the best regardless of what he does. 

Totally agree, wish him all the best in whatever he does. There’s tons of ways around the transfer deal. It happens all the time, not saying it’s right but it happens a lot! I don’t have a dog in this fight but all signs say he’s going elsewhere, can’t say I blame him either.

4 hours ago, Jtown37080 said:

Totally agree, wish him all the best in whatever he does. There’s tons of ways around the transfer deal. It happens all the time, not saying it’s right but it happens a lot! I don’t have a dog in this fight but all signs say he’s going elsewhere, can’t say I blame him either.

It does not happen all the time, during the middle of a season which is why I called it a rumor. I have no connections to NCS whatsoever and won’t speculate on what the kid will do. In fact, I’ve heard nothing else about him possibly leaving since before the season.