D2 week 3

theawesomebro

christian bros (2-0) vs BA (0-2) - who would have thought this would be where BA was looking for their first win?  I bet they find it here.

MUS (2-0) at MBA (0-2) - same as above?  MUS beat barlett which is a quality win.

st X, louisville at mccallie (2-0) - not sure if st x is still good but they used to be.

grace christian (1-0) at MTCS (2-0) 

BGA (1-1) at NCS (0-2) - this one looks fun.  I think BGA has improved this season.  NCS is probably hungry for a win.

CPA at JP2 - CPA is all over this one.

LA (0-2) at briarcrest (1-1) - I think LA finds enough offense to win this one easily but who knows?

USJ (2-0) at trinity (1-0)

thoughts?  not quite as exciting as the previous weeks but maybe some folks get in the win column finally!

Coming in to this year, I thought Trinity vs USJ was gonna finally be interesting for the first time in awhile. But at this point, it looks like it's gonna be another blowout once again. Hopefully Trinity can make it exciting again but if USJ does what it did to Union CIty's line, which is way bigger than trinity's, then it'll be a long night for the lions.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, usjfan1345 said:

Coming in to this year, I thought Trinity vs USJ was gonna finally be interesting for the first time in awhile. But at this point, it looks like it's gonna be another blowout once again. Hopefully Trinity can make it exciting again but if USJ does what it did to Union CIty's line, which is way bigger than trinity's, then it'll be a long night for the lions.

No doubt this will be a standing room only crowd on Friday night. Three different broadcast teams will be covering the game. I won't make any predictions, but if the folks on McClellan Road think they are going to roll in and dominate like they have the last few years, they just might be highly disappointed. This is a relatively young TCA group but they wont be intimidated. 

I fully expect a physical game between the two teams. I am thinking this game will have the intensity of the 2019 game that was as hard faught as any game these two schools have ever played.  Yes, the Bruins line pushed the Twisty Boys around some last Friday. The Twisty Boys did plenty of pushing of their own from the film I watched.  

Above all else, I hope for an injury free game. 

8 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

No doubt this will be a standing room only crowd on Friday night. Three different broadcast teams will be covering the game. I won't make any predictions, but if the folks on McClellan Road think they are going to roll in and dominate like they have the last few years, they just might be highly disappointed. This is a relatively young TCA group but they wont be intimidated. 

I fully expect a physical game between the two teams. I am thinking this game will have the intensity of the 2019 game that was as hard faught as any game these two schools have ever played.  Yes, the Bruins line pushed the Twisty Boys around some last Friday. The Twisty Boys did plenty of pushing of their own from the film I watched.  

Hopefully you're correct about it being like that 2019 game, and also as you said I really don't want to see any injuries. This isn't a region game and both of these teams have very important region games coming up, but let's hope its a good competitive game that's close all the way to the end.

9 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I am not going to lie with USJ's coaching staff last year this game would have been close, but with the coaching change and what I have seen so far it will be Bruins by 20+.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WallaceD23 said:

I am not going to lie with USJ's coaching staff last year this game would have been close, but with the coaching change and what I have seen so far it will be Bruins by 20+.

Not taking anything away from y'alls coach but dont you don't  think that a coach with 32 years head coaching  experience and multiple state championships doesnt have a trick or two up his sleave? What really impressed you with the Bruins 7 point win over a very lackluster Peabody team?

Looks like TCA has made some big strides already. As others have said this USJ coaching staff has been super impressive with what they’ve got going with this squad. Very exciting. I think the Bruins will have too much overall team size and speed for the Lions in the end and are probably like a 9 point favorite. USJ’s defense has been tough since the first snap of the season , and their offense found some things in the second half of the Union City game.  
#1 for TCA is a beast though and so is the receiver. Lions will make some plays I bet. Real weapons on Windy City! Expecting a great game and lights out performances from both teams ;) 

26 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Looks like TCA has made some big strides already. As others have said this USJ coaching staff has been super impressive with what they’ve got going with this squad. Very exciting. I think the Bruins will have too much overall team size and speed for the Lions in the end and are probably like a 9 point favorite. USJ’s defense has been tough since the first snap of the season , and their offense found some things in the second half of the Union City game.  
#1 for TCA is a beast though and so is the receiver. Lions will make some plays I bet. Real weapons on Windy City! Expecting a great game and lights out performances from both teams ;) 

Uh, we've had enough of the lights out thing thank you very much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruins101 said:

I’m not gonna say anything else till after the bruins win, but let’s just say be ready for the scoreboard to be lit up.

Pretty confident for a young USJ team aren’t you?  USJ always has a good defense so TCA will have to mix it up and keep them off balance.  I was super impressed with Coach Bowling’s ability to make in game adjustments against Chester.  If TCA can keep Spencer from making big plays it will be close.  That’s easier said than done but I like this TCA defense. TCA  QB is a warrior and got better and better as game went on.   I think it’s going to be a close one and special teams will make the difference. 

11 hours ago, Bruins101 said:

You got to be able to score 20 first before you beat a team by 20+. Even one of your fans didn't think they can beat Union City last week, but I did and I'm not a USJ guy.