D2 week 3

theawesomebro

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Are you as critical of your own team when watching film? I mean, it’s HS football and almost every play, including big ones, can be highly scrutinized. 

You have been very active here over the years and are a diehard supporter of TCA which is fine but your bias is pretty extreme at times. Maybe TCA wins this game and all is that you claim? Will be interesting to see this result for sure. 

Actually, I don’t watch much TCA film as I'm at every game.  I have a pretty fair memory. As far as my post goes, should I not be able to take an opposing view if I disagree with anothers post? Someone made a post and i don't  think it will be accurate. I responded by stating what I saw. I gave credit to and highlighted who I think will be giving us difficulties on Friday.  You didn't see me making a bold prediction on the games outcome. I'm no more biased than you are at times. We both have no issue speaking our minds. The one thing I would add is that one team did a better job in taking advantage of the opportunities given to them as opposed to what the other did. We all have rose colored glasses in our shirt pocket. You know, I never made a claim of how I think the game will go. I just discussed my interpretation of what I saw on film. I will agree with you that it will certainly be interesting to see this games result for sure. Perhaps you will catch the game on one of the livestreams. Enjoy your weekend. 

6 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Finally had an opportunity to study the entire game tape. I wore out the rewind button. My observations and conclusions were that Union City was their own worse enemy last week. A first half touchdown called back on a holding  penalty. It ended up being the difference in the final outcome. They lost 2 fumbles inside Bruin territory including one on what would have been the game winning drive as they were rolling down the field. A flag and a couple of no flags were certainly huge. The PI call certainly aided the Bruins on one of their second half scores. So did a no call on a block in the back by USJ at the 40 on the same drive. Game tape was quite clear. You had a strong case for PI on the final UC drive that was not called despite the contact. 

For the most part UC dominated a smaller USJ at the line of scrimmage as they were making pancakes all night long. While they never got a sack, the UC defense got good penetration in most passing situations forcing either a hurry or a safety valve pass. Credit to the USJ QB for finding his TE several times both as a primary and secondary target. For the better part of the night, the Bruin rushing attack was held in check. The major exception being the draw play for a score. I think the TE is a very effective weapon for the Bruins. That game was most certainly not how another poster described it in my opinion. If two plays had a different outcomes, UC wins by a TD plus. 2 key fumbles and the complete lack of a passing game beat UC.

The game Friday will be interesting. Over the years, USJ has obviously dominated the series. The TCA offense is fairly balanced. Solid receivers and a beast at RB will cause problems for the Bruins. I feel the USJ TE can cause problems for the Lions along with an occasional quick slashing run from their TB. I dont see alot of  possessions in this game. Turnovers just might be the difference along with a defensive score by either team. 

One poster thinks it will be a 20 plus point win for USJ. Film says that shouldn't the case. I believe the game will be much closer than that. 

Of course I hope that Lady Luck favors the Purple and Black. I'm thinking its going to be a fun night of football. Of course I pray for an injury free game for both squads and good sportsmanship by all

The lights are working just fine now, by the way! Thanks to the many who worked hard on the repairs.

They hate us because they ain’t us at least we can pay our electric bill buddy lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bruins101 said:

They hate us because they ain’t us at least we can pay our electric bill buddy lol.

Actually, it was a previous electrical strike which destoyed  some wiring  and damaged other wiring to the point of the lights going out cause of the excessive heat. Many have put in time replacing the damaged and destroyed wiring. They are good to go. Thanks for your interest. Enjoy this glorious morning.

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Actually, it was a previous electrical strike which destoyed  some wiring  and damaged other wiring to the point of the lights going out cause of the excessive heat. Many have put in time replacing the damaged and destroyed wiring. They are good to go. Thanks for your interest. Enjoy this glorious morning.

Glad they were able to make the repairs!! FYI, your not the only TCA fan here! I will be at the game as well tomorrow night!! Should be a great atmosphere!! 

4 hours ago, Dp81 said:

Glad they were able to make the repairs!! FYI, your not the only TCA fan here! I will be at the game as well tomorrow night!! Should be a great atmosphere!! 

Welcome to The T. No doubt the atmoshere will be great. I would arrive a bit earlier to get better parking thogh.

1 hour ago, Kublah said:

Maybe they should call this one the JEA Bowl? I hear the USJ Super Boosters are raising funds to suspend a second Sun over Kirkland Field to make sure the mighty Bruins never have to worry about losing a game due to darkness 8-)

Actually,  that would jut make the plastic between y'alls goalposts all melty! LOL

Edited by ReitzFan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bruins101 said:

“They hate us because they ain’t us”. That’s hilarious!  We left USJ after my son’s third grade year a few years back.  We never looked back.  Didn’t have any issues with USJ at all.  They were good to us and it was a great place but we felt TCA was a better fit for us.  I think TCA folks are just fine being who they are.  We pay our bills just fine.  Mechanical failures happen.  

Edited by Intense

If anybody is interested, the USJ at TCA game (TCA version) will be video livestreamed on Facebook beginning at 6:30 central time at https://www.facebook.com/TrinityChristianLions. There is no fee to view this game.  The 15 year TCA broadcast team of Dave McCulley and Stan Gerard will have the call of the action. It should be a good one.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

If anybody is interested, the USJ at TCA game (TCA version) will be video livestreamed on Facebook beginning at 6:30 central time at https://www.facebook.com/TrinityChristianLions. There is no fee to view this game.  The 15 year TCA broadcast team of Dave McCulley and Stan Gerard will have the call of the action. It should be a good one.

Diamond Dave is a good one.

11 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

TCA is lucky to have these guys! Great call no matter where TCA plays.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Welcome to The T. No doubt the atmosphere will be great. I would arrive a bit earlier to get better parking though.

Thank you! We are new this year to TCA so we will be at the tailgate this evening. So hopefully we will get a seat. 

I've relatively new to the T but I've been around a little longer than this screen name. My other name, ChargerCats, was linked to my work email which i no longer work for. i could not get back to that name so i had to make a new account. Even then, I did not get involved a lot with convo. Just some here and there. 

• Upvote 1