DB travels to Jeff County

DBKPT93

On 9/9/2023 at 10:07 AM, WaCoJaCo said:

I tend to think that the problem might be the "playbook" and not Gib Maupin. I tend to think maybe Gib Maupin should teach the Elizabethton "playbook" to the DB coaching staff. 

You present a good point. Joey always talks about how "complicated" the playbook is but that's only a good thing when you are winning games.

17 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Or Cleveland, but Bradley in Rd 2 or 3 is what I think 

I could see them beating Bradley if Ladue is healthy. BC didn’t impress me all that much. All that talent and they scored 21 against Maryville. Maryville can easily beat them, in my opinion. Cleveland I know nothing about so far. If I was Bradley I wouldn’t be looking forward to playing Maryville again.

Edited by SweetScience

20 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I could see them beating Bradley if Ladue is healthy. BC didn’t impress me all that much. All that talent and they scored 21 against Maryville. Maryville can easily beat them, in my opinion. Cleveland I know nothing about so far. If I was Bradley I wouldn’t be looking forward to playing Maryville again.

From what I know of Maryville including their past I wouldn't count them out of reaching the semi's again this year. West and BC only beat them by 7 and they're supposed to be the two top teams in UET this year. I would like their chances even without Ladue. If Ladue makes it back in time for the playoffs Maryville will be a different team. 

23 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

From what I know of Maryville including their past I wouldn't count them out of reaching the semi's again this year. West and BC only beat them by 7 and they're supposed to be the two top teams in UET this year. I would like their chances even without Ladue. If Ladue makes it back in time for the playoffs Maryville will be a different team. 

I agree, if they get Ladue back their chances go up just that much more, but yeah, I wouldn’t count ‘em out even without him for a minute. People underestimating Maryville. 

18 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I’m calling it now. He will leave the Hurd kid in until the Betsy game. And blame it on Gib when they loose. Then, he will go back to the Hurd kid. 

Gib was the starter all spring and summer until the 1st scrimmage.  Had trouble with sideline signals and calling plays and turnovers.  Hurd moved to QB1 at that point

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I agree with both they do it time and time again looking for a reason to count out Maryville and then like always Maryville is practicing the week of Thanksgiving. Maryville has the heart of a champion you'd be crazy to count them out. With Ladue Maryville would have beat West and if Ladue comes back there's a great chance they're in the semi again but I'm just talking about what happened thus far in the BC game, please listen to the Maryville fans and the outside fans that focus on this game Maryville was lucky that night only 21-13, BC fumble on the Maryville 10yrd line, BC had another fumble in Maryville territory, BC had 1st and 10 on the Maryville 16 with 7 seconds left before half and had to rush to kick a fg and missed, BC had a 73yrd td called back and Boo had an int in the endzone that they said his toes touch out of bounds and Maryville got 3pts out of that

19 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

I agree with both they do it time and time again looking for a reason to count out Maryville and then like always Maryville is practicing the week of Thanksgiving. Maryville has the heart of a champion you'd be crazy to count them out. With Ladue Maryville would have beat West and if Ladue comes back there's a great chance they're in the semi again but I'm just talking about what happened thus far in the BC game, please listen to the Maryville fans and the outside fans that focus on this game Maryville was lucky that night only 21-13, BC fumble on the Maryville 10yrd line, BC had another fumble in Maryville territory, BC had 1st and 10 on the Maryville 16 with 7 seconds left before half and had to rush to kick a fg and missed, BC had a 73yrd td called back and Boo had an int in the endzone that they said his toes touch out of bounds and Maryville got 3pts out of that

Yeah, I agree, it could’ve been worse, but on the other hand turnovers are a part of football and a really good football team doesn’t turn over the ball that much like that either. That’s what has set Maryville apart for years upon years, they don’t beat themselves.

• Like 1