Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

35 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

There is no reason this game couldn't have been finished, and the fact that it wasn't ultimately lies on the home team.

I don't care if you finish at 1 am.  You should finish the game.

It can down to the Greeneville school superintendent. He did not want to finish the game.  Alcoa Superintendent approved up to a 12:00 start time. National Weather out of Morristown, stated the storm front would be out of the area a little after 10:00. At 9:50 the Greeneville Superintendent stated, He did not want to play the game that late, referring the time to complete the game. Talks to eliminate half time, etc. did not seem to have satisfy concerns on playing Thursday night? Attempts to reschedule for Friday or Saturday by Alcoa was denied. This information is not second hand as I was there. 

14 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

It can down to the Greeneville school superintendent. He did not want to finish the game.  Alcoa Superintendent approved up to a 12:00 start time. National Weather out of Morristown, stated the storm front would be out of the area a little after 10:00. At 9:50 the Greeneville Superintendent stated, He did not want to play the game that late, referring the time to complete the game. Talks to eliminate half time, etc. did not seem to have satisfy concerns on playing Thursday night? Attempts to reschedule for Friday or Saturday by Alcoa was denied. This information is not second hand as I was there. 

On the field or the room.

18 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

That is the same story being posted online by very reliable members of the press. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

That is the same story being posted online by very reliable members of the press. 

I also find it "interesting" this game was call for lighting in the area a full hour before the storm would hit Greeneville? Especially after Alcoa is driving the field before halftime. Greeneville is gassed. One defensive player is throwing up on the field. Greenville players get a personal foul for language. Alcoa has a 1st down at the Greeneville 29 yard line with 2:36 seconds before halftime. Knowing the storm is coming and the game "could" get called?? Hmmm.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Greeneville looked like the better team to me before the lightning delay. 

They played great, but, I think Alcoa had made the necessary adjustments to slow Greeneville's run game in the second quarter.  Alcoa  went to a run game with #7  and was moving the ball very effective, when the game was called.

2 minutes ago, B-Ball Fan said:

One of the radio guys said this morning, that as he was leaving the stadium at 10:45, there was another flash of lightning seen in the area.

Based on this, the 30 minute delay puts you at 11:15, and then a minimum 20 minute warm-up, and it's after 11;30, assuming no more lightning is seen.

No lightning today.....? :bored:

2 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I also find it "interesting" this game was call for lighting in the area a full hour before the storm would hit Greeneville? Especially after Alcoa is driving the field before halftime. Greeneville is gassed. One defensive player is throwing up on the field. Greenville players get a personal foul for language. Alcoa has a 1st down at the Greeneville 29 yard line with 2:36 seconds before halftime. Knowing the storm is coming and the game "could" get called?? Hmmm.  

I'm sure I'll regret posting this but many of the articles I am reading have quotes about "keeping Alcoa's offense out of the endzone." Suspicious choosing of quotes for a game that didn't reach halftime. 

• Like 1