Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

7 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Shame we couldn’t see this game to the end. But I will say if Greeneville didn’t wanna play this game it would never have been scheduled. Greeneville will play anyone and they’ve proven that over the years. The no contest was out of the players and coaches hands and I assure you they wanted to strap up and continue playing and win that game. 

Hopefully the rest of the season will be better than the first half. Go Devils! Fire Snot Baby!

You are correct.

Alcoa had a first down on the Greeneville 29 yard line with 2:36 minutes to go in the second quarter, when the game was called. The fans sat in the stand another 30+ minutes before being told to leave the stands and go to your car. 

It was another hour and a half before the game was officially called. 

Question, Why did the last 2:36 minutes of the first half not get played? The fans for Greeneville and Alcoa are still in the stands? If the weather was such a threat, why not direct them to leave immediately? 

37 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

You are correct.

Alcoa had a first down on the Greeneville 29 yard line with 2:36 minutes to go in the second quarter, when the game was called. The fans sat in the stand another 30+ minutes before being told to leave the stands and go to your car. 

Question, Why did the last 2:36 minutes of the first half not get played? The fans for Greeneville and Alcoa are still in the stands? If the weather was such a threat, why not direct them to leave immediately? 

They should have evacuated immediately and don't know why they didn't per NFHS Guidelines. (I used the restroom on the way out and sat in the truck before officially leaving).  I would have tried to at least get it to half time since it was detected within 10 miles but didn't see any lightning until 30 minutes later when they said to Evacuate the Stadium. ( hearing thunder or seeing lightning* should always take precedence over information from a mobile app or lightning-detection device per NFHS).  Being to cautious is what prevented getting it to half time since Greeneville got a new Weather Detection system this year and went with what it said. https://twitter.com/evattatc/status/1645871313507033088

chrome-extension://bdfcnmeidppjeaggnmidamkiddifkdib/viewer.html?file=https://www.nfhs.org/media/4295169/guidelines-on-handling-practices-and-contests-during-lightning-or-thunder-disturbances-final-2-14-21.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

You are correct.

Imma go out on a limb here and guess lightning struck within a 10 mile radius of the stadium..... If you know this fact and still think the last 2:36 should have been played because y'all were on Greenevilles 29 that tells me you're more worried about getting a lame W then the safety of the players. As far as fans being in the stands the message on the jumbotron read the safest place to be is in your car if they choose to stay in the stands that's on them. It was a beautiful night and I don't think anybody expected the lightning to last the rest of the night. None of us are happy with the way things ended but life's not fair. 

On 9/9/2023 at 3:00 PM, KEV-O said:

What's stopping Greeneville and Betsy from playing each other? Is there a rule against playing the same team twice in the regular season? I know that would muddy the region play but it's a game!?

Both games were home games for Elizabethton and Greeneville our Band makes $30 to $40K a game in concessions thats the only revenue for 300 kids playing in our band Program. Where is that money from their program going to come from? Season ticket holders now only have 3 games to watch. Banner sponsons only have 3 games who would pay $2000 a year for 3 regular season games. Both teams should be made to forfeit their games and play the games they contracted to play. Conference or no conference. They both can take a loss. TSSAA should make a rule that teams that have weather delays have 3 days to make it up without interfering with other contracted games or if other open dates allow play them then. This takes thousands of dollars out of Greeneville and Elizabethton Athletic programs that affect other sports that rely on that money. Maybe now other programs will have to be cut like swimming, or volleyball, No it's because 2 boneheaded coaches could not miss their NFL home ticket and play their football game.

1 minute ago, KEV-O said:

Imma go out on a limb here and guess lightning struck within a 10 mile radius of the stadium..... If you know this fact and still think the last 2:36 should have been played because y'all were on Greenevilles 29 that tells me you're more worried about getting a lame W then the safety of the players. As far as fans being in the stands the message on the jumbotron read the safest place to be is in your car if they choose to stay in the stands that's on them. It was a beautiful night and I don't think anybody expected the lightning to last the rest of the night. None of us are happy with the way things ended but life's not fair. 

P.A. Announcement  and message on jumbotron was issued 30 minutes after teams left the field.

9 minutes ago, CyclonePrider said:

Both games were home games for Elizabethton and Greeneville our Band makes $30 to $40K a game in concessions thats the only revenue for 300 kids playing in our band Program. Where is that money from their program going to come from? Season ticket holders now only have 3 games to watch. Banner sponsons only have 3 games who would pay $2000 a year for 3 regular season games. Both teams should be made to forfeit their games and play the games they contracted to play. Conference or no conference. They both can take a loss. TSSAA should make a rule that teams that have weather delays have 3 days to make it up without interfering with other contracted games or if other open dates allow play them then. This takes thousands of dollars out of Greeneville and Elizabethton Athletic programs that affect other sports that rely on that money. Maybe now other programs will have to be cut like swimming, or volleyball, No it's because 2 boneheaded coaches could not miss their NFL home ticket and play their football game.

Swimming isn't a TSSAA Sport anywyay...  

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

P.A. Announcement  and message on jumbotron was issued 30 minutes after teams left the field.

Lightning doesn't make its decisions based off the P.A. announcement or the jumbotron. Lightning stopped the game not Greenevilles or the PA. Trust me we're just as pi$$ed as y'all. 

3 hours ago, CyclonePrider said:

Blame your sorry arse excuse for admiration.Btw Fayette Ware & Giles County only have 9 games & are open though you're not going to get them to travel.All these schools who had games not finish play them on a Tuesday then a game on Friday 

Like everyone, I want to see these games finished and if my team wins or takes a loss,shake hands and except it. I'd much rather be mad at some poor guy who made the call {right or wrong} as to be  mad at the same guy because 10 or 15 people got struck and killed by lightning over a football game. Sometimes we forget just how dangerous a storm can be. 

6 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Like everyone, I want to see these games finished and if my team wins or takes a loss,shake hands and except it. I'd much rather be mad at some poor guy who made the call {right or wrong} as to be  mad at the same guy because 10 or 15 people got struck and killed by lightning over a football game. Sometimes we forget just how dangerous a storm can be. 

You are right, but man it really bites to not be able to finish.    I don't know how many times I have heard something like

"Greeneville only plays cupcakes like Volunteer, why don't they play a real team, huh???     Like Alcoa, yeah, I'd pay good money to see that..."

Then it finally happens but it doesn't....