D2 week 4

theawesomebro

LA (1-2) at baylor (2-1) - this is a big match-up for both of these teams.  I think I give the edge to baylor since it is at baylor but LA is hungry.

MBA (0-3) at CPA (2-1) - I don't think MBA is getting their first win yet.  

BGA (2-1) at Davidson Academy (3-0) - DA is rolling so far.  BGA is much improved though.  

FRA (3-0) at Goodpasture (2-1) - I think FRA is too much for them.

knox catholic (3-0) at ensworth (3-0) - I think knox catholic takes the loss here.

BA (1-2) at father ryan (2-0) - BA evens their record

USJ (3-0) at jackson christian (3-0) - who gets the loss?  this one looks like a great one.

mccallie (3-0) at MUS (3-0) - another intriguing one.  is MUS for real?

thoughts?

It's really hard for me to say this, but unfortunately I think JCS is the favorite in this game for the first time in 15+ years. They have an outstanding QB and obviously Moseley. I think USJ is still finding their offense and it will ultimately be tough for USJ to win this one. I hope I'm wrong but I think JCS could dominate this game.

1 hour ago, usjfan1345 said:

It's really hard for me to say this, but unfortunately I think JCS is the favorite in this game for the first time in 15+ years. They have an outstanding QB and obviously Moseley. I think USJ is still finding their offense and it will ultimately be tough for USJ to win this one. I hope I'm wrong but I think JCS could dominate this game.

I was looking at teams in the Jackson area and saw Liberty Tech at the bottom of the standings. What happened to them? They were good competition a few years when we were in D1 3A. 

14 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

LA (1-2) at baylor (2-1) - this is a big match-up for both of these teams.  I think I give the edge to baylor since it is at baylor but LA is hungry.

MBA (0-3) at CPA (2-1) - I don't think MBA is getting their first win yet.  

BGA (2-1) at Davidson Academy (3-0) - DA is rolling so far.  BGA is much improved though.  

FRA (3-0) at Goodpasture (2-1) - I think FRA is too much for them.

knox catholic (3-0) at ensworth (3-0) - I think knox catholic takes the loss here.

BA (1-2) at father ryan (2-0) - BA evens their record

USJ (3-0) at jackson christian (3-0) - who gets the loss?  this one looks like a great one.

mccallie (3-0) at MUS (3-0) - another intriguing one.  is MUS for real?

thoughts?

Baylor will edge LA out in a special teams thriller
MBA will get win #1
BGA will rally to hand DA their first loss. Want to see this game. 
Ensworth will be too much for KC to handle
I agree with the BA game. Although Ryan is dangerous. 
JC will win by a fg over USJ
McCallie has the obvious edge with the competition they've had so far. 

4 hours ago, plato said:

MBA will get win #1

love the decisive predictions!!  

12 hours ago, usjfan1345 said:

JCS is a top four contender in D2A this year. FCS and JCS both have good lines and RBs. JCS can throw it better than FCS right now IMO. The next group has NCS , DCA, CA, and MTCS IMO. 

Have to confess that this year’s JCS team is a lot of fun to watch. Several weapons and a QB that can move around and drop a dime from anywhere. Mosley is unreal. He’s got some of the best route running I’ve ever seen in a high school receiver. The line is undersized but they fire off the ball well.

That said I don’t think they are unbeatable by any stretch. Key for USJ will probably be executing a similar game plan as against TCA - run the ball, control the clock and get enough key stops on defense. I do think the Bruins have a slight advantage at the line of scrimmage on both sides. JCS will get their yards and points though. Mosley can flip field position at any moment. I think this will be a close one and may come down to special teams. USJ won’t be able to make the mistakes on special teams they have so far this season and win this one IMO.

On 9/3/2023 at 9:37 AM, plato said:

MBA will get win #1

Believe me, I wish this were not the case, but I think it is wishful thinking that Baylor will be in a close game with LA. 

Baylor has some talented kids--but there is a massive talent gap between LA and everyone else right now.  

7 hours ago, Whoweft said:

Believe me, I wish this were not the case, but I think it is wishful thinking that Baylor will be in a close game with LA. 

Baylor has some talented kids--but there is a massive talent gap between LA and everyone else right now.  

LA has some scary talent.