USJ @ Jackson Christian

ManOfMillions

3 hours ago, WestTNBuc said:

Jay has at least 14 D1 offers including one from Bama, UT, Auburn, etc. He's a 4star by Rivals and has been unstoppable this year. NC has struggled with a great QB and DCA lost 4 games this year. That's not proving your statement about them taking over games...my point is that the game was drastically different with him going down in the 2Q. I assume NC and DCA would look way different if those players went down with a season ending injury in the middle of a game. Meanwhile, these TCA guys are posting like the game plan would have beaten JC if Mosley hadn't gotten hurt. We will never know because he did get hurt, but they were also down 17-3 at the half with him in the game. 

Sure it proves my point. College coaches, the same ones, show those kids have almost triple the offers as sophomores. You said he was the best and I didn’t disagree, but I posted about other kids that are nationally recognized athletes. 

I didn’t discuss the TCA game, only that there are kids that are national recruits in the division to provide you information because of your statement. 

3 hours ago, WestTNBuc said:

Am I incorrect? You were down 2 scores before he got hurt, correct? How would the game plan have worked if he hadn't gone down? 

Not taking sides here, but there's one glaring problem with your only response... mighty Oakland was up on Riverdale 17-0 at the half. Riverdale won 25-24 and nobody from Oakland went out. It happens. Not often that it does, but more often than you'd think.

2 hours ago, WestTNBuc said:

He’s a junior so he’ll be strapped up for the Eagles next year. Sadly, I heard that he is done for the season and will have a multi month recovery after a probable surgery. It was a crushing blow but if fate allows we can still have a rematch in a few weeks. 

Also, the score last year was 49-42 JC with him playing the whole game and the TCA lineup was basically the same as this year.  Forgot to mention that earlier.  

Edited by Intense

2 hours ago, Intense said:

First of all, let me acknowledge that he is probably best player in West Tn outside of Memphis and maybe inclusive of Memphis.  So in the first 1.5 quarters that he played what were his stats outside of the big 80 yard TD catch.  It wasn’t much because TCA was keying on him and when he caught the ball they were able to get to him and gang tackle him.  He can’t score if JC doesn’t have the ball.  The ball control strategy would have worked regardless.  Would score have been different?  Absolutely.  He would have most likely scored at least 1 more TD if not two but guess what TCA would have done, they would have opened it up and passed more to Waller and others.  TCA may have scored more than 27 because they might have been forced not to play ball control.  That’s the most conservative TCA has played all year.  Probably would have been a 3-7 point game either way if he played.  JC got out coached!  That’s the bottom line!  Really hope it’s not a super serious injury.  Hope to see him in Orange in Fall of ‘24!

Mr. Intense,

I find it hard to believe that a couple of these little fellers can't understand what you are saying. Surely they would recognize the fact that if you limit a players touches, the less he can score. Sadly, they are too busy bragging about how many plays they claim they  charted in a game this year or last.  Ha Ha. I certainly hope that the injury to Mosley is not as serious as I'm being told. However, had he not been injured it is likely that the score after 3 qtrs would not have been any different than what it was because the ground and pound game plan and a favorable bounce only allowed JCS 3 plays the entire qtr and very limited plays in the 4th qtr due to multiple forced turnovers when TCA drove a spike to the heart of the  latest attempt by JCS to go undefeated in a regular season. Heck, you could add in the number of points TCA left on the table in the 1at half and the Lions might of had a nice lead at the half.

On another note Mr Intense,  TCA had a DB a few years ago who was a "Dog". Would have loved to see him go 1 on 1 with a certain WR for the Eagles. I think it would have been a great battle.

Best wishes sir!

On 10/27/2023 at 3:06 PM, swagulator said:

Mosely, IMO, is worth more than 10 points in a D2A game.  Just look at what he did in the first quarter alone. If he stayed in the game, JC wins by 1 or 2 scores.   TCA is also a very good team this year.  If Mosely is out, I think TCA could make a run this year.  D2A is pretty soft this year, so one of these teams likely goes all the way.  JC with Mosely, TCA if he is out.  JMO.

In a quarter and a half Mosley had ONE run for 21 yards and had THREE catches for 61 yards including his 62 yard td reception.  He lost 5 yards on his first when swarmed by 5 defenders and gained 4 on another well defended play. On his td run, the defender slipped and fell. Without that slip, he may not have scored. But we will never know cause it didn't happen. Stick to what actually did happen. That is all that mattered. Anyway, there are bigger fish to fry now

9 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

In a quarter and a half Mosley had ONE run for 21 yards and had THREE catches for 61 yards including his 62 yard td reception.  He lost 5 yards on his first when swarmed by 5 defenders and gained 4 on another well defended play. On his td run, the defender slipped and fell. Without that slip, he may not have scored. But we will never know cause it didn't happen. Stick to what actually did happen. That is all that mattered. Anyway, there are bigger fish to fry now

You guys went single coverage, mistake, JC recognized it and Mosely beat the DB 1 on 1. You guys are laughable trying to downplay Jay's ability to dominate a game, which he did in the first 9 games of this season and would have in week 10 too. Just keep typing...You get to see him next year.

7 hours ago, WestTNBuc said:

You guys went single coverage, mistake, JC recognized it and Mosely beat the DB 1 on 1. You guys are laughable trying to downplay Jay's ability to dominate a game, which he did in the first 9 games of this season and would have in week 10 too. Just keep typing...You get to see him next year.

Nobody is downplaying the ability of your WR. NOBODY! The facts are that he had a 21 yard run and three receptions totaling 61 yards including his 62 yard score before he was unfortunately injured. The plan was to try and slow him down.I knew we could not stop him cold turkey but I thought we might slow him down. We will NEVER know how it would have turned out because he got hurt and our OL and DL put a beating on JCS that they had not seen this year and our RB ran the ball right down your throat all night long. It ended up being the Lions night to shine. Deal with it and move on. You have a major load to deal with at COLA and by the way you will have to do it without your best player. It's playoff time. Time for y'all to put on your big boy britches, stop wondering what might have been, and focus on Friday

13 hours ago, WestTNBuc said:

Everyone is about to find out how good JCS is. The last time i checked TCA played JCS, Not Mosely School. A "good" team will not rely on 1 player to win games. Most good teams have multiple weapons, not just one. I believe JCS is a good team but relied on Mosely too much. Maybe JCS can beat TCA without him, it appears though that they can't. What folks need tom realize about TCA, is that they are a gritty team. Not flashy and will not give up. That wasn't the first time they came from behind to win a game.

I just hope (for both schools) that they can get the rematch in Chattanooga! That will be cool for multiple reasons! 

Go Lions!