Oak Ridge vs Clinton

92Dragon

Yesterday morning I would have thought OR would win, but after the McMinn County loss and the way OR played especially on offense, it's a toss-up. Clinton has more playmakers than McMinn did and can score points, on the other hand McMinn had a stronger defense than Clinton, so it's hard to gauge. So, let's toss the coin and play. So I will be making the trip to Ron Brown Stadium (Clinton should name it after Coach Brown) and see what the results are.  It's definitely a big game and the winner should finish undefeated in the Region and have a home field playoff advantage which they will need.

5 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, if OR plays like they did last night, Clinton can easily beat OR. It all depends upon what OR team shows up. If the team shows up that played Jeff Co and Powell, OR should win, but after seeing last night’s team, I have no idea what to expect now. 

I have a feeling Oak Ridge will look much better this week.  

41 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Well, there’s a very good chance Rang may not even be on the sidelines next week because of what transpired last night, so that’s something major to take into account as well.

We'll, they also have an entire week to prepare for him not being there unlike the McMinn County game. I think OR will be just fine. They'll be fired up I'm sure. 

6 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I know it's difficult to be positive after a loss.

It is! We looked really bad. I always prefer to give the opposing team credit, which I did last night, but OR just looked completely out of sorts. I don’t know what it is, but we always struggle with McMinn here in recent memory. And seems like there’s always some kind of drama. A really tough place to play for our guys it seems. I look forward to some respectful banter with you this week!

26 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It is! We looked really bad. I always prefer to give the opposing team credit, which I did last night, but OR just looked completely out of sorts. I don’t know what it is, but we always struggle with McMinn here in recent memory. And seems like there’s always some kind of drama. A really tough place to play for our guys it seems. I look forward to some respectful banter with you this week!

This has always been my favorite game of the year. I don't care if OR is 5-0 and Clinton is 0-5, I love it when these 2 teams play each other.

• Like 1