Oak Ridge vs Clinton

92Dragon

13 hours ago, NoleNation3 said:

I don't see how with one of best defenders in state in middle of that defense. Plus they have very capable athletic players all over the field.Is it a Dline issue or coaching. I know if you have a good line like Powell or West it's easy to run on them. The Oak Ridge line has come a long way but still struggle to run block. Poor Dozier is getting hit before the line of scrimmage almost every play

I think a lot of it is coaching, Nole. They've definitely got some players, but I just don't think they are emphasizing defense very much. Sure, they may overwhelm the Scott/Campbell Counties, but they aren't going to do that against the bulk of their schedule. They've given up 40+ in each of their losses. I don't know if OR hits 40, but I like the Wildcats to the tune of 38-14.

Powell literally had their way them, and the Panthers didn't punt the ball once last week. Ran it right down their throat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 92Dragon said:

I guarantee it has happened before and will continue to happen. I myself would consider that breaking the rules or cheating....but maybe I hold myself to a higher standard than most and am completely wrong.

I just don't understand the point in the suspension if a coach is allowed to do that.

I'm not sure I follow you. Rang is ejected from the game and won't be in the stadium but I'm not sure what else is included in his suspension. Are you saying that you know the specifics of the suspension? If so, please explain 

16 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

I'm not sure I follow you. Rang is ejected from the game and won't be in the stadium but I'm not sure what else is included in his suspension. Are you saying that you know the specifics of the suspension? If so, please explain 

If you see any coach/acting coach on the phone on the sideline or booth, assume they are on the phone with the HC. Wouldn't shock me if the HC wore a headset and parked close enough to get connection to the other coaches. There are numerous ways around this suspension and every imaginary line will be crossed if able.

31 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

What I'm saying is a coach that has been suspended for a game of course can't be in the stadium but I'm sure  have tried to be involved by calling a member of the coaching staff and trying to coach over the phone. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if that has happen or still happens 

I'm saying I wouldn't do that myself. I feel like that is trying to bend or break the rules. I would just serve my suspension and the wife and I would have a Friday date night. Lol

21 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I've heard the exact same thing. That is crazy to think about. What a waste of a Soph and Jr year. 

I agree 100% but you remember back in those days most coaches would start a Junior or Senior over a younger player. Most players had to wait their turn. Things sure have changed over the years. I see Freshmen starting these days especially if they are more talented than the older kids 

Edited by 92Dragon

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I think a lot of it is coaching, Nole. They've definitely got some players, but I just don't think they are emphasizing defense very much. Sure, they may overwhelm the Scott/Campbell Counties, but they aren't going to do that against the bulk of their schedule. They've given up 40+ in each of their losses. I don't know if OR hits 40, but I like the Wildcats to the tune of 38-14.

Powell literally had their way them, and the Panthers didn't punt the ball once last week. Ran it right down their throat.

Except there’s only one thing- Powell OL is way better than the OR OL is. The OR OL won’t be able to push the Clinton DL around like Powell OL was able to.

I may end up being wrong, we will see, but I don’t see us scoring near that much.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Except there’s only one thing- Powell OL is way better than the OR OL is. The OR OL won’t be able to push the Clinton DL around like Powell OL was able to.

I may end up being wrong, we will see, but I don’t see us scoring near that much.

Powell does have a better OL than OR but OR has a way better RB in 22. A good RB can make an average OL look better than they are. Clinton's DL is average as well. To me the difference will be how much is OR forced to throw and how much does Clinton run the ball with 8.