Oak Ridge vs Clinton

92Dragon

13 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Yes, I was there. I've never seen nor heard of 85 points scored in a middle school game! We have some talent coming up but I wouldn't say that it's great but a lot of players to be developed. Several talented running backs and receiver types and a couple of QBs that show some promise, including Coach Green's son. Linemen are typically mediocre at best but a couple looked potentially dominant. If we can keep Clinton and the private schools away from them, they should be a good group for the future. 

I can one up that. 

Last night Karns Middle beat South Doyle Middle 68-45 (nope, not a typo) at South-Doyle.  Apparently neither defense came out of the locker room. 

Even the scoreboard operator was so busy he failed to update the correct quarter. 

FB_IMG_1695390630467.jpg

28 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Yes, I was there. I've never seen nor heard of 85 points scored in a middle school game! We have some talent coming up but I wouldn't say that it's great but a lot of players to be developed. Several talented running backs and receiver types and a couple of QBs that show some promise, including Coach Green's son. Linemen are typically mediocre at best but a couple looked potentially dominant. If we can keep Clinton and the private schools away from them, they should be a good group for the future. 

Yeah, I saw the score and couldn’t believe it. I’m glad we have some talent in the wings coming up. Get several good classes in a row like we have with the Sophomore class and you have a good chance of being really good. Plus, when they get good coaching and get on a good weight program, you never know how good some of those kids can be.

14 minutes ago, HTV said:

I can one up that. 

Last night Karns Middle beat South Doyle Middle 68-45 (nope, not a typo) at South-Doyle.  Apparently neither defense came out of the locker room. 

Even the scoreboard operator was so busy he failed to update the correct quarter. 

FB_IMG_1695390630467.jpg

Yikes. Do the Beavs possibly have some good talent coming up?

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yikes. Do the Beavs possibly have some good talent coming up?

Actually they do.  

My eldest grandson is in the 5th grade, but because Karns doesn't have enough kids for a 5th grade team he is playing up on the 6th grade team. 6, 7, and 8 all practice together and I take my grandson to practice a couple of nights per week.  There is some really good talent there. The key will be keeping it at Karns. If they can keep the core at home they have an opportunity to be competitive in a few years. 

25 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

It's hard to measure knox middle school ball. Half the team will play somewhere else at HS. There is no affiliation with the schools so anyone can play for any knox team. You don't even have to live in knox county. 

Sort of, but not really.  

The teams that play in the MAC have a "gentleman's agreement" that the kids on their teams are zoned for the high schools they represent. 

While I am not naive enough to know that there are kids playing out of zone, a large majority are playing where they should be playing by zone or they have a transfer to that zone for so,e reason. 

Edited by HTV